I have been an owner of Nexus 7 for over a year and I still love it! However, I don't see many people talking about it on the Internet and I see many newer, thinner and lighter tablets on the market. Are people still buying and using Nexus 7?
    04-18-2015 08:37 AM
    I've had mine for two years, and still love it. Even though I got a Samsung Note 4 10" tablet as an anniversary gift from work, I still use my Nexus as my daily device.
    04-18-2015 09:24 AM
    I still use mine every day but have thought about replacing it mainly due to touch screen problems. Not sure what I would replace it with as I don't want a nexus 9 and don't see any 7 inch tablets that blow the nexus 7 out the water. Maybe I will look at an 8 inch tablet but don't think I would buy Asus again.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-18-2015 09:44 AM
    I still really like my 2013 N7 (also still have 2012) but I find myself using my Galaxy Note 4 more - it is a great size and while the N7 has very good performance, the Note 4 is outstanding. The screen is better in bright light, battery life is better (and replaceable), it is 4G + Sprint Spark, and it has far greater storage capacity with the microSD card. To put it differently - if I had had the Note 4 first, would I have bought an N7? Probably not.
    04-18-2015 09:55 AM
    I had the 2012, but gave that to a friend when I got the 2013. I haven't seen anything yet that beats it, IMHO. I love the size and performance. And my brief experience with 5.1 has improved its performance. Until something really better comes along, I'm a loyalist.
    04-18-2015 01:13 PM
    It's been discontinued for a while (or at least stopped being sold via Google Play), yet it's still selling at the same or higher prices as it used to. Mine self-bricked, but the only tablets that I could find that I felt would be a worth successor was the Shield Tablet, or the Galaxy Tab S, both of which start at $300, and neither has NFC or wireless charging. The 2013 Nexus 7 is still an excellent combo of features & performance.
    04-19-2015 09:53 PM
    I would say that the specs on the Nexus 7_13 are outdated but it's real world performance is still perfect.
    I have an S5 which is much more powerful but doesn't run the apps any different.

Has anyone ran into any nexus 7 performance issues in the real world?

04-21-2015 03:51 PM
    I would say that the specs on the Nexus 7_13 are outdated but it's real world performance is still perfect.
    I have an S5 which is much more powerful but doesn't run the apps any different.

Has anyone ran into any nexus 7 performance issues in the real world?

The only spec I think could be claimed to be outdated is the processor, and it's still not that bad. 2gb of RAM is still at worst average, but probably still above average, though some tablets offer 3gb now. Screen resolution and clarity is still above average, (not the best on the market, but the best at the price as far as I've seen). Other specs are still above average, like NFC & wireless charging.
    04-21-2015 05:25 PM
    The only spec I think could be claimed to be outdated is the processor, and it's still not that bad. 2gb of RAM is still at worst average, but probably still above average, though some tablets offer 3gb now. Screen resolution and clarity is still above average, (not the best on the market, but the best at the price as far as I've seen). Other specs are still above average, like NFC & wireless charging.
    I agree, it was processor and gpu that I was referring to mainly as specs. However while I think it's all for marketing quad HD is the new norm for displays on new devices. I personally don't believe the human eye can see the extra resolution on a screen this size.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-21-2015 06:28 PM
    I agree, it was processor and gpu that I was referring to mainly as specs. However while I think it's all for marketing quad HD is the new norm for displays on new devices. I personally don't believe the human eye can see the extra resolution on a screen this size.

Posted via Android Central App
    True, and the QuadHD displays aren't on sub-$250 tablets either. It's amazing how many tablets don't even have 1080p.
    04-21-2015 06:30 PM