Recently I stared getting a strange name on my Google Now Weather Card. It use to have the name of the city I live in but now it has the name "Williams"
    I'm not sure where that came from since there isn't a city around here with that name. When I go to "Hourly forecast" it has my city's name. I can't figure out where this came from. I've deleted updates and it still reads "Williams". I've cleared all data and I've wiped the partition drive. In the overall scheme of things with the other problem I've been having this i really minor. Still it's very annoying.
    04-25-2015 07:34 PM
    I'm fairly certain it's not an issue with your device or the data stored on it - it's probably a glitch in Google's servers. Go to your google now cards, and to to the weather card. tap the 3 dots, and you should be able to adjust the settings - I'd recommend just removing it all together (no further weather updates, turn it all off). Then reboot and go back to Google Now. At the bottom of your screen there should be a "more" button and from there you can add weather updates back. This may or may not fix the issue, but it should force a pull of fresh data rather then relying on cached data that may be lurking somewhere.

Good luck
    04-26-2015 08:52 AM
    It's Google - mine is screwed up on my Droid Turbo as well
    dancing-bass likes this.
    04-26-2015 12:56 PM
    Same on my wife's Nexus as I found today.
    04-27-2015 04:29 PM
    Thank you for your suggestion db but I forgot to add that's one thing I tried. Still came up with a different name.It's really odd and I can't imagine where the name "Williams" came from. Still it was a good suggestion and I appreciate you posting it. I also forgot to add that I got the same problem on my RCA tablet but didn't have the problem until the last update. I thought it was just pulling info from the Nexus 7.
    dancing-bass likes this.
    04-29-2015 05:35 PM