How do I change home screens?

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I am running 5.1.1 and I can not figure out how to change my default home screen or rearrange my home screens. I long press an empty area and it gives me an option to change my wallpaper.

Posted via the Android Central App

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks but not a single suggestion in that article works on this device. I think they wrote that for 5.0.

Sorry. I couldn't try it on my N7 as I'm using Nova Prime as a launcher because of the customization features it provides.

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I've used Nova on some phones before but I like the look and feel of stock android. I should say I liked it up until I ran into this problem.

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I still haven't found a way to change the home screens. This is ridiculous.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
When you long press on the screen and it brings up the wallpaper options your home screens are above. If you long press on them you can move them. At least on the Google now launcher.

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
When you long press on the screen and it brings up the wallpaper options your home screens are above. If you long press on them you can move them. At least on the Google now launcher.

Nothing is above the wallpaper selections. I'm confounded.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by "rearrange the home screens"? Like swap home screen A with home screen B? Add or remove home screens? What exactly are you wanting to do?

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by "rearrange the home screens"? Like swap home screen A with home screen B? Add or remove home screens? What exactly are you wanting to do?

Exactly! I want to delete an empty home screen and change the order of the remaining home screens. One of the lollipop updates got rid of this option. I have now switched to the Google now launcher. Problem solved.

Violetroses

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Surely someone must know how to rearrange home screens.

I figured it out tinkering with the screen. You first pinch the home screen as if you were zooming out and the screens will become thumbnails and you will see an add button. Here you can move the screens and add more too. I'm running on the android Lollipop 5.1.1

youaredestroid

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I figured it out tinkering with the screen. You first pinch the home screen as if you were zooming out and the screens will become thumbnails and you will see an add button. Here you can move the screens and add more too. I'm running on the android Lollipop 5.1.1
Thank you! That fixed it! Wish they made it easier to understand...

rogertc

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Just go to a blank area, and hold. Then locate the panel and push the little house and hold then when youhear the click your new home screen is set.
Rogertc san antonio texas

lconnole

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I just want to thank everyone who gave answers to this question. It helped me tremendously. I have a Samsung Galaxy 5S and using lollipop myself. My home screen location moved and for the life of me I couldn't figure it out until I saw this post. thank you thank you thank you.

Username joshua

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
I just want to thank everyone who gave answers to this question. It helped me tremendously. I have a Samsung Galaxy 5S and using lollipop myself. My home screen location moved and for the life of me I couldn't figure it out until I saw this post. thank you thank you thank you.

I had same enquiry.
I managed to find out how to set a page as home screen page:

1) for samsung mega, select "edit page".

2) select the "house symbol" on the page you would like to set for home screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie