A short time ago there was an update which I dutifully downloaded (Something like 5.1) and it announced on arrival that it was merging Gmail with my previously separate access to my BT Internet service and it would be just the same.
    Since then the battery runs out at a fearsome speed.

I am no expert but I can see from the graph when it says Gmail 64% in something like 10 hours I figure it is this that is causing the problem. I don't use Gmail as a service although I was more or less obliged to have a gmail address, and gmail also (at another access point/icon) received my emails (if ever I looked)...I always use btinternet.

It could be something else causing the problem...but I can't think of anything else that has changed except for a few gratuitous aps landing on the screen!

Normally if I left the tablet overnight the battery wouldn't be much reduced from what I left it at in the morning. Now it is down to 5%...it is getting annoying!

I would be very grateful if anyone could advise me what to do...I don't understand technical language very well but not afraid to click around which really I have done but cannot see any helpful info.

THANKS, Julia
    NB Somewhere in the works It says Build version 5.5.12 if that is any help.
    05-29-2015 12:50 PM
    One quick idea would be performing a cache clear in recovery.
    Another might be running your tablet in safe mode to narrow it down to a possible app causing the trouble.
    05-29-2015 01:50 PM
    Thank you...but HOW do I do either of those things, please and thank you?
    05-29-2015 04:11 PM
    05-29-2015 09:06 PM
    I looked at the above but doing it is beyond my confidence. I would be likely to mess up.

A simple question...is it normal for Email to take 64% of the battery in about 7 - 10 hours?
    I use the tablet maybe for an hour (max 2) out of that time and not on email non-stop.
    Please read the original question and bear in mind I am not any sort of expert but if you tell me what to look for I can do it. This change is subsequent to the download of 5.1... and 5.1.1 ...there has to be a reason.
    I've looked at the apps and can't see anything unusual.
    Hopeful of a comprehensible answer for an ordinary person ....thanks.
    05-31-2015 04:33 PM
    My nexus 7 2013 (16MB) has virtually nothing installed on it, and GMAIL App is doing the same thing, drains the battery overnight. I uninstalled the GMAIL updates and it 'appears' to be working fine again... I have no idea what the difference is from the 'factory' version of gmail and the new updated version but there is definitely a problem. It's not just you.
    07-07-2015 12:18 AM