This weekend I sideloaded to 5.1.1 with the Nexus 7 Toolkit, and re-rooted.
    Everything seemed fine at first.
    Considering the plethora of other more severe issues I've seen here, I guess I'm not in bad shape.
    But one of the main reasons for me to root is to change the system font.
    I've done it before when I ran KitKat, using iFont and Font Installer.. but now when I try to do it, I get
    (on iFont anyway) "Font size is 261KB, Phone the remaining storage space for 0.00KB*, less than 2.0 times the font size, replace font may fail!" *sic. (dat English!!!)
    This is ridiculous because I have nearly 3GB of free storage space still, I am not out of space.

Though possibly related, another issue I see now is that the tablet reports a total of 6GB, when it's a 16GB tablet. I have no idea where the missing 10GB went.
    06-01-2015 06:01 PM
    This weekend I sideloaded to 5.1.1 with the Nexus 7 Toolkit, and re-rooted.
    Everything seemed fine at first.
    Considering the plethora of other more severe issues I've seen here, I guess I'm not in bad shape.
    But one of the main reasons for me to root is to change the system font.
    I've done it before when I ran KitKat, using iFont and Font Installer.. but now when I try to do it, I get
    (on iFont anyway) "Font size is 261KB, Phone the remaining storage space for 0.00KB*, less than 2.0 times the font size, replace font may fail!" *sic. (dat English!!!)
    This is ridiculous because I have nearly 3GB of free storage space still, I am not out of space.

Though possibly related, another issue I see now is that the tablet reports a total of 6GB, when it's a 16GB tablet. I have no idea where the missing 10GB went.
    Welcome to Android Central!

When you side loaded the new OS did you clear your data and factor reset?
    06-05-2015 09:50 AM