I have 5 mailbox on my tablet and would like to have them all in one inbox? Is there an app that will make this possible?

If not, is there a way to change the color of the google mail reader? That red is too much to look at...
    06-11-2015 11:02 PM
    K-9 Mail has a unified inbox - all your emails, from all your accounts, will show up in date/time order. You can still read any individual account's inbox if you prefer.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    06-11-2015 11:08 PM
    Type Mail, My Mail, Cloud Magic, Maildroid, K-9 - these are just a few of the choices available.

My favorite is AquaMail. It has something called a Smart Folder, which is kind of a configurable unified inbox. It also has extensive color customization options so you can make it look about any way you want.

Android user since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    06-12-2015 12:28 AM
    K-9 is a keeper,, now how do I delete the GMail application or at least hide it and stop it from polling and using battery power?
    06-12-2015 12:38 AM
    Go to:

Settings > Apps > Select Gmail > Force stop > Disable

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    06-12-2015 01:21 AM
    Go to:

Settings > Apps > Select Gmail > Force stop > Disable

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    Cool, that worked... Except this K-9 seems to have opened so many Gmail connections that I started getting this too many connections error. Anyone else have this problem?
    06-12-2015 02:28 PM
    It is just a matter of how many folders you sync and if K9 kills the connections. The K9 mail app is quite good, so I imagine it is doing this correctly. Having said that, I am biased, have you tried MailDroid?
    06-21-2015 12:04 AM
    It is just a matter of how many folders you sync and if K9 kills the connections. The K9 mail app is quite good, so I imagine it is doing this correctly. Having said that, I am biased, have you tried MailDroid?
    No, haven't tried MailDroid but I did fix K-9 by not syncing all my folders. Sucks, but got to do what I got to do.

I will give this other app a try when I get my new tablet.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-21-2015 04:09 PM
    That's a little strange. Using AquaMail I sync per account up to 1000 emails to over a dozen folders without any problems.

I agree with maildroiddev that K-9 is a fine app, but I gotta think it's screwing up in this case - unless you're have a desktop email client open at the same time, such as Thunderbird or Outlook. I have seen the too many connections error in such a situation.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.
    06-22-2015 12:08 PM
    That's a little strange. Using AquaMail I sync per account up to 1000 emails to over a dozen folders without any problems.

I agree with maildroiddev that K-9 is a fine app, but I gotta think it's screwing up in this case - unless you're have a desktop email client open at the same time, such as Thunderbird or Outlook. I have seen the too many connections error in such a situation.

Not just outlook but I also have a blackberry and an iPad mini that all receive email from the same account. So maybe that's the problem...
    06-22-2015 10:34 PM
    Doesn't matter how many devices access the same account. It's how many are accessing the account *at the same time*.

Point I was making is I've seen desktop clients like Outlook stay connected until they're closed. So if mail is checked by the phone *while Outlook is open* a too many simultaneous connections error results.

That's not supposed to happen. An email client is supposed to connect, download/send mail and disconnect. Even if the app is left open, it shouldn't matter if it has released the connection properly after completing a mail pass.

Maybe one of your devices is not disconnecting as it should. But I have a feeling closing Outlook might eliminate the error.

Try closing Outlook and see.

06-22-2015 11:29 PM