Camera visual count-down a real pain! What should I do?

Julia Matcham

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Camera visual count-down a real pain!

Since the last update a few weeks ago the camera now does a visual countdown of 3,2,1 that takes several seconds and therefore makes impossible any spontaneity.
Can I get rid of this?
Is there any choice of how the camera works or are we stuck with the latest IT whiz-kids show-off ideas?
It is also far too sensitive to taking a photo anywhere you touch it.
The constant changing of how things work is a pain.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Camera visual count-down a real pain!

Hi - by the sounds of things, it's an issue with the camera app and not the actual hardware on the tablet. I would suggest downloading a different camera app from the Play Store and seeing if this helps. Just search for "camera" in the Play Store, there are tones of good ones.

Julia Matcham

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

THANKS very much! ...I didn't know there was any alternative to what was, so to speak, done to me! It was a long shot asking if there was an app!

Julia Matcham

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

I don't suppose anyone out there has time to make a recommendation? There seem to be fewer alternatives for cameras than one might think. I've looked at the settings for the current one which I see is Google Camera version 2.5.052 and see no way of stopping it doing a count-down with big numbers on the screen. I can't believe no one else is complaining. It is so annoying!
And is 'disabling' an app as good as deleting?
And when it says under the camera app 'uninstall up-dates'...it does mean those appertaining to that particular app ???!

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

I don't suppose anyone out there has time to make a recommendation? There seem to be fewer alternatives for cameras than one might think. I've looked at the settings for the current one which I see is Google Camera version 2.5.052 and see no way of stopping it doing a count-down with big numbers on the screen. I can't believe no one else is complaining. It is so annoying!
And is 'disabling' an app as good as deleting?
And when it says under the camera app 'uninstall up-dates'...it does mean those appertaining to that particular app ???!

Hey - I'd recommend "open camera" or "a better camera" both have served me well on my Nexus 6 when I had it.

Yeah disabling an app will more or less remove it, it doesn't uninstall it but the app will disappear. If you uninstall all the updates it'll just put the camera back to the original version that came on the tablet. If you disable it, that should be enough.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

Since the last update a few weeks ago the camera now does a visual countdown of 3,2,1 that takes several seconds and therefore makes impossible any spontaneity.
Can I get rid of this?
Is there any choice of how the camera works or are we stuck with the latest IT whiz-kids show-off ideas?
It is also far too sensitive to taking a photo anywhere you touch it.
The constant changing of how things work is a pain.

You have the countdown timer turned on. ..open camera app, bottom right you will see 3 little dots. ..hit those and you will see 3 settings. The first setting on the left will probably say "3s"...hit it until you see a clock with a line through it to turn it off.

Julia Matcham

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

Jheeb, I haven't got that under Camera (apps)
At the bottom under permissions, (long list of stuff I don't understand!) it says 'modify system settings' which gives some sort of warning which makes me think that can't be what you mean.
No dots or dashes anywhere. Just apart from at the top, disable, force stop and uninstall up-dates.
I haven't done anything yet. I will check here tomorrow.
Thanks for your time. Julia

I did install Quickpic...which I am just about getting the hang of though as usual, there is not enough in the way of simple explanation. Fortunately I haven't a lot yet so it isn't problematical!.

Anyway, thanks

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

Open the camera app like you are going to take a picture. ..at the bottom right you will see the 3 dots

Julia Matcham

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

OK Got it. I thought you meant go to Apps, not just turn the camera on!
Top right now, and doesn't come up without prompting...THANK YOU!!! I never saw those dots before I swear. I looked and poked and prodded to find some idea of what was going on.
Anyway solved! Thanks for your time.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Glad you got it fixed - I actually went home, got out my tablet and tried to recreate the issue on my Nexus just to see what the problem was lol

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

OK Got it. I thought you meant go to Apps, not just turn the camera on!
Top right now, and doesn't come up without prompting...THANK YOU!!! I never saw those dots before I swear. I looked and poked and prodded to find some idea of what was going on.
Anyway solved! Thanks for your time.

Your welcome. ..enjoy your tab.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams