Best affordable wireless charger for Nexus 7 2013?

Mozillo

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
My charger port for my Nexus 7 has been broken for quiet a while, I cannot afford repairs atm, and I would like to know any good wireless chargers I can buy that are pretty low cost. I don't care much about the looks I just want the practicality for now. Also If my Charger port is broken would wireless charging work?

Mozillo

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

That's the charger I bought, a few questions.

Does it heat up the device when charging?

And how long does it take to charge from 0 to full?

Dmjohn29

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
It does get a little warm when charging, but I don't think it's any warmer than when charging via the usb port. I never let mine get down to zero so I can't say exactly how long it takes. I think it's a little slower than using the usb port, by outweighed by the convenience factor.

Mozillo

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
It does get a little warm when charging, but I don't think it's any warmer than when charging via the usb port. I never let mine get down to zero so I can't say exactly how long it takes. I think it's a little slower than using the usb port, by outweighed by the convenience factor.

Mine get's a little hot when it's on, and it's charging time was pretty long, put I had updates running. Is this normal for it get hot?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Qi chargers charge at 640mA, so to put 2300mAh into the battery at a 640mA rate, with about 70% efficiency takes about 5 hours.

Two important points:

1. There should be a light on the charger that shows when you have he phone positioned properly.

2. Try to never let a lithium battery get below 40% charge. 0% charge could actually drop it below the constant current point, and the batttery will have to be precharged outside the phone (which means the phone will have to be opened, and most shops would rather sell you a new battery than wire up a jig to precharge the battery). See The Care and Feeding of Lithium Polymer Batteries.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I use Nokia chargers. I got them on eBay for 15 or so. The model numbers are dt900 and dt910. The 910 holds the nexus upright so I can use it as a clock.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles