So I took my nexus 7 2013 out of the drawer...

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Just sharing a story folks if you don't care pay me no mind. I was cleaning up my room today and saw my dusty nexus 7 in my drawer and I charged it up expecting a slow and laughable experience I was surprisingly wrong I mean it's easy to scoff at the specs today because were nerds and pay attention to the latest and greatest but the software experience is as fast and fluid as the day I got it in November of 2013 and there are few Android devices IMO that can make that claim and my Galaxy s5 is not one of them.

Posted via the Android Central App

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
That's great. I guess yours doesn't have that irritating touch screen glitch. I dusted mine off a few months ago--mostly to update the os, then I remembered why I hadn't been using it. I've had N7, N7 fhd, and N9. None of them were (are for N9 ) as fast and fluid as my N5. Don't know what I'll do when she dies. FWIW, I really liked the N4 and would have it today if I could use T-Mobile. My son took the N4 with LTE speeds on T-Mobile. He loves it. I went to N5 for LTE. I run stock os on all but use custom kernels. I listed my N7 2013 on Craigslist this week!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad to hear you're still having a great experience with the 2013 Nexus 7. It really is a great device. I love mine.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
That's great. I guess yours doesn't have that irritating touch screen glitch. I dusted mine off a few months ago--mostly to update the os, then I remembered why I hadn't been using it. I've had N7, N7 fhd, and N9. None of them were (are for N9 ) as fast and fluid as my N5. Don't know what I'll do when she dies. FWIW, I really liked the N4 and would have it today if I could use T-Mobile. My son took the N4 with LTE speeds on T-Mobile. He loves it. I went to N5 for LTE. I run stock os on all but use custom kernels. I listed my N7 2013 on Craigslist this week!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Ya when I first got 5.0 I wasn't too pleased with it but 5.1/5.1.1 did wonders for me oddly enough I got two OTAs for 5.1.1

But I do have a dead pixel on mine but I haven't had any touch issues

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
5.1 fixed all the lag issues I was having. The fact that it still is fast and fluid as well as the size are the main reasons I haven't upgraded. Nothing else on the market has caught my eye. I'll keep it until it doesn't hold a charge.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I wish Google has chosen to keep the Nexus 7 and improve on it, rather than phase it out. I love mine. I've given two as gifts (2012), and both people still love theirs and use them daily. It's still a great tablet! Pure Android and going strong.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12