Is something wrong with my headphone jack?

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
So recently (Passed few weeks) whenever I had my headphones plugged in Google voice search kept initiating, my music started playing my itself, amongst some other things. Its highly annoying. It's on 4.4.4, could upgrading do anything about it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are the headphones just pure headphones, or do they include a mic, or remote playback controls (like Play or Pause)? When you plug them in, do they snap in normally, or do they seem abnormally tight, or perhaps too loose? Check to make sure there's no debris stuck in the jack.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Are the headphones just pure headphones, or do they include a mic, or remote playback controls (like Play or Pause)? When you plug them in, do they snap in normally, or do they seem abnormally tight, or perhaps too loose? Check to make sure there's no debris stuck in the jack.

Just pure headphones, normal pretty sure. Most of the time its when I touch the plug on the headphones, though sometimes its just by itself.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Something must be loose in the connection. I noticed something like this happen once on my Moto G--I plugged in my basic headphones (no mic, no controls), and it didn't quite go in all the way, but somehow it triggered a voice prompt.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I meant to come back here. I think it actually might be my case, like the hole is slightly too small to put all of the jack in. So try to make the hole bigger I guess?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does the headphone plug have a relatively fat casing, or is it skinny? I've had issues with cases that have a relatively small opening for the jack that prevents some plugs from fully inserting.