How to use the menu key on a my Nexus 7 (2013)

Alpha Devil

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Normal smart phones have menu,home and back touch control buttons.How do i use the menu key on a tablet? I am using Nexus 7 2013 model.
For example i could access ingame submenus while playing games like falldown 3d and cnvcs chess by pressing menu key .My tablet only shows back,home and windows buttons?

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
If I understand, since nexus devices have no hardware menu buttons, you want to know software menu access? Generally, you look for 3 vertical dots or 3 horizontal lines within the app. Touch them for menu.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Alpha Devil

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the reply but there are no menu buttons showing up within the app
For example i am playing a simple game called scrambled net.
the first one is the screen i get when i fire the game up on my nexus 7.
here when i touch the screen the game immediately takes me to a novice level (second screen)
after i beat it asks me if i want to continue or go to a new game.If i click continue it goes back to the same completed level to check what i have done right or wrong.If i click new game it loads another novice level..
Screenshot_2015-08-28-12-20-19.jpg
The only way to change difficulty or access other features like sounds,scores and animations etc is through the following menu which i am unable to open.
Untitled.png

Last edited:

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Seems like maybe it's an old game and isn't fully compatible with the 4.0+ versions of Android that no longer have the menu button.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dmjohn29

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Try tapping the rectangular image at the bottom right. Does that bring up a menu or the list of running apps? Also try swiping in from the left.