My Google nexus 7 2013 has worked flawlessly for the last few months until the 5.1.1 upgrade. It now heats up on the back near the upper/camera area whenever I use a game app (usually). It happens within a minute or two so rather quickly and intensly. Is anyone else having this issue? Or a fix for it?
    Thanks!
    09-06-2015 03:36 PM
    This is unfortunately a common problem.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...erheating.html

Make sure all the apps are updated, if it is only certain apps you can try uninstalling and installing again. Also if it is in a cover take that off during your gaming. Sorry I haven't seen any bulletproof fixes for this. Hopefully someone else has.
    09-06-2015 06:25 PM
    My N7 2013 also started to feel hot after the 5.1.1 update. Battery life became absolutely horrible. Over night on kk I would lose approx. 8 to 15 percent. I upgraded to LP when Verizon finally offered it a couple weeks ago. Battery would drop over 60 percent. I wiped the cache. Not effective.
    I finally got some more time. It appears that Bluetooth being left on may be the culprit. I turned it off and the tablet only lost 30 percent after 12 hours off the charger. Going to charge it to 100 and check the over night loss. Also the heat issue seems to be gone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-06-2015 08:12 PM
    Hmm.. My battery is fine but I will try turning off BT for a day and note any changes. Thanks!
    09-07-2015 04:19 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions! No cover and everything is up to date. It just started happening after the 5.1.1 update. Total bummer!
    09-07-2015 04:21 PM
    No problem here

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    09-08-2015 03:06 AM
    Not only did it get super hot but it keeps going black on me and refusing to boot back up OR turn off.... I can see the screen has something going on, it's not jet black like it is when turned off, but pressing the off switch does nothing.... then the little colored balls start dancing, then they go away. After leaving it alone for a few hours I am able to get it to boot but it is not done booting for several minutes before I can start any apps.... keeps making sounds and going black....I've tried cancelling bluetooth, tried stopping any automatic upgrades, cancelling messages and notifications... and it still is annoyingly uncooperative. I really only use it for reading in bed and listening to music while I work in the house.... but I like it when it works....answers???
    02-07-2016 06:13 AM
    Not only did it get super hot but it keeps going black on me and refusing to boot back up OR turn off.... I can see the screen has something going on, it's not jet black like it is when turned off, but pressing the off switch does nothing.... then the little colored balls start dancing, then they go away. After leaving it alone for a few hours I am able to get it to boot but it is not done booting for several minutes before I can start any apps.... keeps making sounds and going black....I've tried cancelling bluetooth, tried stopping any automatic upgrades, cancelling messages and notifications... and it still is annoyingly uncooperative. I really only use it for reading in bed and listening to music while I work in the house.... but I like it when it works....answers???
    If you can, update to 6.0. The Wugfresh toolkit makes it very easy. There is a known issue where the tablets get soft bricked after the 5.1.1 update. I had to do a RMA to get mine fixed. Sounds like yours is heading that way.
    02-09-2016 08:51 AM
    After a failed update to 5.1.1 and it "bricking" my N7, I contacted ACER and they actually put in a ticket and after shipping it to them, they wiped it and reinstalled with 5.1.1 and sent it back within a couple of weeks. They acknowledged it was an issue with the tablet and not owner use, so there was no charge other then shipping it to them.Within a month it started to overheat, mainly only when playing games and eventually freezes and gets that "blacked out" screen for minutes before if eventually reboots itself. Not a happy camper. I noticed someone mentioning upgrading to 6.0 marshmallow if possible, I wrote ACER and they said that a lot of the N7s were not able to take the 6.0 upgrade and there was nothing more they could do. I've read elsewhere it has to do with the motherboard that was used in earlier productions. And to get the battery to last, even when not gaming, I have to keep it in Battery Saver mode all the time. I'm looking to replace at this point, but I'm not seeing a lot of devices with Marshmallow 6.0 except the Samsung tablets and they are running $400-$600.
    10-22-2016 03:47 PM
    After a failed update to 5.1.1 and it "bricking" my N7, I contacted ACER and they actually put in a ticket and after shipping it to them, they wiped it and reinstalled with 5.1.1 and sent it back within a couple of weeks. They acknowledged it was an issue with the tablet and not owner use, so there was no charge other then shipping it to them.Within a month it started to overheat, mainly only when playing games and eventually freezes and gets that "blacked out" screen for minutes before if eventually reboots itself. Not a happy camper. I noticed someone mentioning upgrading to 6.0 marshmallow if possible, I wrote ACER and they said that a lot of the N7s were not able to take the 6.0 upgrade and there was nothing more they could do. I've read elsewhere it has to do with the motherboard that was used in earlier productions. And to get the battery to last, even when not gaming, I have to keep it in Battery Saver mode all the time. I'm looking to replace at this point, but I'm not seeing a lot of devices with Marshmallow 6.0 except the Samsung tablets and they are running $400-$600.
    Do you have the 2013 WiFi version? That one is definitely upgradeable to Marshmallow. Toolkits aren't needed. If the device is not rooted, then it should get OTA update.
    10-22-2016 03:58 PM
    I'm looking to replace at this point, but I'm not seeing a lot of devices with Marshmallow 6.0 except the Samsung tablets and they are running $400-$600.
    The nVidia Shield K1 (~$199) is an awesome replacement device for the Nexus 7 - you should read the reviews and see if it meets your needs.
    10-23-2016 01:00 AM