can't turn on backup and sync?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
to enable camera folder sync, you need to turn on backup and sync in settings.

this is what i see when i open the "device folders". i go to the setting, try to turn it on. once i close that screen, it is still off! i can't seem to turn on the backup on!

that is why some of the photos such as my non-camera folders are not on my google photos. although i think that all my camera pictures are backed up in my google photos account.

so what is happening?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Open the Photos app, swipe in from the left, tap Settings>Backup & Sync, and make sure the switch is turned on. Now go back to Device Folders screen. If the cloud icon next to the folder is white with a line through it, tap it once. Does it turn blue with an up-arrow in it? That means sync is turned on for that folder.

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
no. under "backup and sync", it always has "status updating". i switch it on. once i go back, it is switched off again.

when i tried to check the device folder, the switch still can't be turned on no matter how many times i try!

i only saw it blue once yesterday for a short while, then it was white again!

right now, it seems that only camera pictures are backed up, no other folders.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account]. Is Google Photos and/or Google Photos Backup checked on?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i have "google" under "accounts".

when i tap on it, i see, "sign in and security", "personal info", account preference, there is no photo option! how strange! this stupid nexus 7 won't let me turn on my photo back up.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
After you tap Google under Accounts, you should see your Google account's email address. Tap that--it should bring you to the sync menu for all of the Google apps.

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
under my email, it has "sync error" !

then it has "sync is currently experiencing problems. it will be back shortly."

something is wrong with google! i can't believe it. i resinstalled google photo, it still won't let me turn on the backup switch. and it won't let me turn off "while charging only".

it seems so simple to do, but they won't let me do it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Look for the Google app that has the sync error, uncheck it, then check it again. Does the error clear?

Have you disabled any system apps?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i searched "google" in the play store, and downloaded bunch of google apps.

for some unknown reasons, it seems that some of the old pictures are now backing up. they haven't been backed up for a long time!

but i still can't turn on the back up and sync. i will see if all pictures will be backed up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance