12-02-2015 05:04 PM
168 ... 23456 ...
tools
    "or there's a serious issue with the MM build for the Nexus 7 and the planned OTA was pulled."

If there is, I've yet to encounter it after sideloading it and using it continuously since the image first came out. It's a worthy update. I think all this delay in the OTA update is just typical Google and whatever is going on behind the scenes to make it happen. Only problem I've came cross was with a WiFi login delay issue which was solved with a forum suggestion fix. Other than that, Marshmallow has been running as smooth as glass.
    tonyr6 and hub1 like this.
    10-20-2015 04:56 PM
    "or there's a serious issue with the MM build for the Nexus 7 and the planned OTA was pulled."

If there is, I've yet to encounter it after sideloading it and using it continuously since the image first came out. It's a worthy update. I think all this delay in the OTA update is just typical Google and whatever is going on behind the scenes to make it happen. Only problem I've came cross was with a WiFi login delay issue which was solved with a forum suggestion fix. Other than that, Marshmallow has been running as smooth as glass.
    Could you describe your WiFi issue and your resolution?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-20-2015 06:58 PM
    Could you describe your WiFi issue and your resolution?

Basically this is what I posted to one of the other threads. It wasn't a major issue because it was mainly focused on using a toggle menu to connect to my wi-fi, but since I hadn't experienced this wi-fi connection issue under Lollipop, the time connection delay under Marshmallow was annoying me enough that I went looking for others with the same problem and found a temporary fix. Here's a condensed version of what I posted in the other thread and for the record I'm not seeing any noticeable battery drainage with this temporary fix.

"My only current problem with Marshmallow has been with the authenticating time connecting to my WiFi network. Before, it too me 5 seconds. Now whether on the 2.4ghz or 5ghz band connecting to my wireless router, I'm counting 23 seconds to connect. Deleted both networks and started fresh, but same time delay.

Yeah, it's kind of strange. Having a toggle menu, any toggle menu, and pressing wi-fi off and on from there is where I'm getting this time delay. If my wi-fi is off and I access it by going into settings, flip the WiFi switch to on, it'll connect to my WiFi in 5 seconds. Verified the same time delay with other WiFi networks if I use a toggle menu. Go figure! I'll play about with it and see if I can figure out why it's only happening with toggle off and on button widgets that I have on my main page screen.

Edit : known issue not just happening on the Nexus 7 forum. Nexus 5 owners are also experiencing this issue after upgrading to 6.0. A temporary fix by going into settings, location, access the top right menu, scanning, flip the switch to turn on WiFi scanning fixes the problem. Now how this affects a hit on battery life, I'm not sure, but when location isn't turned on, then I can't see it draining all that much power. The bug has been well documented by other users, so I'm sure Google is now aware of the issue with hopefully a fix in the works. "
    10-20-2015 10:54 PM

I'm starting to think their is a problem with the n7 2013 running marshmallow and that it was pulled... Because this is ridiculous, that I or anyone else have yet to receive an OTA. I just don't like how they give us no news or updates with what's going on...

Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    10-21-2015 11:45 AM
    I was always told by Nexus enthusiasts that you get a Nexus to get fast updates... Well my Nexus 7 is my first Nexus device and so far I'm fairly unimpressed.
    10-21-2015 07:48 PM
    I was always told by Nexus enthusiasts that you get a Nexus to get fast updates... Well my Nexus 7 is my first Nexus device and so far I'm fairly unimpressed.
    It's not usually like this... If you absolutely CAN'T wait, you can sideload right now so you technically still got a "fast update" 😉

hub1 and kj11 like this.
    10-21-2015 09:32 PM
    The thing that I question about releasing the MM OTA is why did they release a security update first. Was it something that actually better prepared our devices for MM? Or was it simply bad timing? The OTA link is for build LMY48M. But the security update changed the build to LMY48T, which doesn't allow you to use the OTA link. As I'm seeing it, most people who've posted here immediately downloaded the security update because it appeared to be preparatory to receiving the MM update. But just the opposite is the effect. And, as always, no explanation from Google. If they want to improve Android, transparency would be the biggest improvement they could make.
    mxrider821 and tonyr6 like this.
    10-21-2015 10:22 PM
    Oh really - do you know of a non-Nexus tablet to receive the update ahead of you? I want the update on my N7 just as badly, but staged rollouts are the norm, and a two year old tablet is probably lower on the priority scale than last year's devices. It will come, and you'll have a Marshmallow tablet before anyone not rocking a Nexus tablet in the next few weeks.
    anakaamon and Citizen Coyote like this.
    10-22-2015 01:15 AM
    Oh really - do you know of a non-Nexus tablet to receive the update ahead of you? I want the update on my N7 just as badly, but staged rollouts are the norm, and a two year old tablet is probably lower on the priority scale than last year's devices. It will come, and you'll have a Marshmallow tablet before anyone not rocking a Nexus tablet in the next few weeks.
    Maybe I should have clarified, I honestly don't care how soon I get the update. Call me crazy, but I'd rather wait and have a working update than get an early one full of bugs. I was simply stating that I'm not seeing this as the major selling point Nexus enthusiasts claim it is.
    mxrider821 likes this.
    10-22-2015 01:26 AM
    Maybe I should have clarified, I honestly don't care how soon I get the update. Call me crazy, but I'd rather wait and have a working update than get an early one full of bugs. I was simply stating that I'm not seeing this as the major selling point Nexus enthusiasts claim it is.
    When the alternative is eight months later (or longer), a month delay with a Nexus seems like instant gratification.
    10-22-2015 09:55 AM
    Yes. It's now LMY48T. Unfortunately, as I've now found out, there is no OTA link to download for this build, only for the previous LMY48M build. So, now, instead of just using the download link, those of us who have the LMY48T will have to wait longer for the 6.0 download to be pushed to us. Seems backwards to me. Why would they push an update that prevents you from receiving the OTA link? Couldn't they have pushed the security update later? Oh, well. Too late.

That is what I was afraid of. Even with Nexus product, Android OS updates can be whacky...

Posted via Android Central App
    10-22-2015 10:28 AM
    My Nexus 5 got it pretty fast via OTA, and my Nexus 6 took a week longer. I was chomping at the bit waiting for my 7 to update till I just said relax, it'll come when it's ready. I don't use my 7 like the other two, and I really don't have any issues with lollipop either.

Sent from either my Nexus 5/6/7
    10-22-2015 10:40 AM
    First of all Lollipop was a disaster we all know that. What bugs are you talking about except for 2 apps (Watch Disney and XD cast but playing video crashes the app) everything works way better on Marshmallow 6.0. Battery life is finally amazing especially standby time and my Nexus 6 which I was thinking about at first sending back to Amazon with Lollipop 5.1.1 with its poor battery life, weaker Wifi and Mobile signal and poor voLTE calls were all fixed with 6.0. I did have to sideload both devices (Nexus 7 was easy, Nexus 6 was not) to get the taste of Lollirot out of the devices and now they both run better than ever.
    10-22-2015 12:43 PM
    First of all Lollipop was a disaster we all know that. What bugs are you talking about except for 2 apps (Watch Disney and XD cast but playing video crashes the app) everything works way better on Marshmallow 6.0. Battery life is finally amazing especially standby time and my Nexus 6 which I was thinking about at first sending back to Amazon with Lollipop 5.1.1 with its poor battery life, weaker Wifi and Mobile signal and poor voLTE calls were all fixed with 6.0. I did have to sideload both devices (Nexus 7 was easy, Nexus 6 was not) to get the taste of Lollirot out of the devices and now they both run better than ever.
    I don't recall saying anything about bugs....
    10-22-2015 04:42 PM
    The have the images but not my build number
    10-23-2015 05:34 AM
    There's got to be a bug they're not telling us about. I think they've pulled the update to fix it, but they're not telling us about it. What could it hurt to tell us that they've discovered a bug and they're fixing it before pushing it out? But nooooooooo. Sadistic bastiches! LOL
    mxrider821 likes this.
    10-23-2015 09:08 AM
    I know some people had issues with Lollipop, but many others had no problems. I never encountered any serious bugs on my 2013 Nexus 7 under Lollipop. But I'm glad to hear that Marshmallow seems to be avoiding the issues that 5.0 had for some. Smoother the better.
    10-23-2015 09:11 AM
    Battery life, poor call quality and Wifi is the only main issues I had with Lollipop. It ran apps fine but the first three were a major problem.
    10-23-2015 12:10 PM
    Anyone heard anything about the actual OTA update? Not the sideload.

10-24-2015 03:12 PM
    Anyone heard anything about the actual OTA update? Not the sideload.

No news on that yet, we've all been waiting and still continue to do so...

10-24-2015 06:16 PM
    Not a disaster for me. . I've had zero issues with my N7. I do miss my Xoom though.
    anakaamon and Citizen Coyote like this.
    10-25-2015 04:57 AM
    My Nexus 7 never got Lollipop OTA until after Xmas last year by which stage Samsung already had Lollipop out on their devices.
    tonyr6 and kj11 like this.
    10-25-2015 07:06 AM
    The title of this thread keeps letting me down I keep hoping with each new post to read that the OTA has begun. Someday it will be true, I suppose.
    mxrider821 likes this.
    10-25-2015 12:23 PM
    The title of this thread keeps letting me down I keep hoping with each new post to read that the OTA has begun. Someday it will be true, I suppose.
    Right!!! Me too!!

mxrider821 likes this.
    10-25-2015 01:06 PM
    I update the main post everyday on the 1st page for everyone 😉

JoseGui likes this.
    10-25-2015 01:12 PM
168 ... 23456 ...