Updating nexus 7 second gen from OTA links

BerbaBog

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
now i never updated or messed with recovery or stuff like that except clearing cache(i never restored to factory settings my nexus cause i have lots of places with google authentication to log in ) Now my question is can i just update to marshmallow with OTA links or does that restore it to start over(which i don't want) and since my phone died and this is only android device i have until i can afford new phone i'm afraid to mess something up then i'd be without any mobile device. So, can i update from OTA or should i just wait for it being pushed to my device?

Ps: i posted same question couple minutes ago but was not logged in and in wrong thread (ask a question) and don't know how to delete it.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
In the absence of a push update to your device from Google, you'd need a "start over" at this point. You can update from the link using Nexus Root Toolkit:

Nexus Root Toolkit v2.0.5 | WugFresh

Using this for the first time will result in unlocking your device and a full wipe so you need to do a backup and reload. There's a lot of good info on how to use this over on the website in the link.

anon(301129)

May 1, 2011
www.romamexico.com
You do not have to wipe your device to update, you do however have to unlock the device if you have not already done so. Unlocking will totally wipe your device. You will have to reinstall the apps, however your settings should be backed up to Google servers if you have allowed it in settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34