Tilt control gone

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I think I've found my first problem with 6.0. The tilt controls aren't working. Also when a game goes landscape, my tablet stays in landscape. I have auto rotation on, but something is messed up. How do I get my tilt control back?

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I did another cache wipe. I've tried two games and no tilt. I figured Asphalt 8 would have been updated. I did not know games not updated would be affected by tilt control. I'll just wait. I thought maybe there was a calibration thing I had to do and couldn't find the setting anywhere.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Are you running a third party launcher, like Nova? I had that problem (the tablet would stay in landscape after I exited an app running in landscape) under Lollipop, but after experimenting I think it was due to Nova Launcher doing funky things. I fiddled with settings (turned off auto rotation in Nova) and the problem disappeared. I have not had a similar problem with Marshmallow.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I thought you might have the solution, then I realized I have Nova on my phone but not my tablet. Running straight launcher on my tablet.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Huh. Maybe try installing Nova on your tablet and see how it treats tilt (if at all)? Or try installing a simple tilt game (like a marble labyrinth, there should be a ton of free ones on Google Play) just to test if your tilt function really is shot.

Xaiux

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Recently I'm having the same issue. Using the Google Now launcher, and so I can tell if it doesn't rotate. On 5.1.1 I always had to reboot in order to fix it, but on 6.0 it seems to sometimes fix itself. I think one of the few issues with an otherwise solid device is that the sensors for tilt have loose connections.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Still don't have tilt control. Had it before 6.0. Screen rotation works, but can't use games where tilt is used to steer.