I've been updated to marshmallow on my Nexus 7 and ever since the update the screen rotation is not working. I've reset the device, I've cleared the cache and it worked once, but then it suddenly stopped working again. I've tried clearing the cache again, but it didn't work.

Any suggestions?
    11-14-2015 08:55 AM
    I've been updated to marshmallow on my Nexus 7 and ever since the update the screen rotation is not working. I've reset the device, I've cleared the cache and it worked once, but then it suddenly stopped working again. I've tried clearing the cache again, but it didn't work.

Any suggestions?
    Did you take the update automatically or did you manually update via the OTA file or factory image? If automatically, then check to make sure the screen rotation isn't locked via the settings. If you manually updated then try applying the update again.
    11-14-2015 09:00 AM
    Whenever it happens to my n7, I just restart the device. It usually fixes the issue-for at least a while

Posted via the Android Central App
    Richard Royce likes this.
    12-31-2015 12:23 AM
    Same here. The other odd thing I noticed was, if I go to "Safe Mode" (Long press power button, Long press Power Off on the screen), the rotation briefly starts working but stops again after a while. So it appears to be a software issue as far as I can tell.

-H
    06-03-2016 02:33 AM