Another auto rotate broken thread (after 6.01 update)

CeruleanBlue58

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I've had some problems off and on and constantly had to reboot for auto-rotate to work. After the last Android, it completely stopped working. Don't know if the update was related or not. The Check my Android app shows sensors 1,5, and 7 non-functional. I've tried about else turned up by Google except ripping it open -- not too keen on that. In the meantime using one of the free rotate screen apps available. Any other suggestions?

anon(1017475)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Did you have the problem before 6.0? I know I did. I stopped using a magnetic folio case for mine and went with a non-folio case. Problem STILL creeps up from time to time. Only solution is a reboot which SUCKS.

Posted via the Android Central App

jl352

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
My nexus 7 2013 had this problem too. I took the back sheel off and disassembled the cable, there were two different cable, made sure to choose the wider one. What you should do then is to clean the two ends of the cable using eraser or just a piece of paper. After cleaning the cable, put it back and fix it using adhensive taps. and then put a piece of foam or thick paper on the top of connectors of the cable. Finally, put the back sheel back.
And then you'll find your nexus 7 get well.

CeruleanBlue58

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Haven't tried the wipe cache partition, though did do a factory reset. Not seeing what a cache would have to do with this when sensors aren't recognized. I'll have to review how to do this, then see if it's worth going through another reset.
Still not keen on ripping the back off this as I don't want to break the thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc