Why can't I install 2 application updates?

StLouisMan2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Can't Install 2 Application Updates

This first began a couple days ago. My 2013 Nexus 7 tablet said that it just couldn't install the update for LiveStream. It's running the latest updated version of Android 6.0.1. So I went through the troubleshooting tips it gave me and finally called Google. They weren't any help. Now, today, it says it can't install the update for BuzzFeed! It's just a normal Nexus 7 tablet that hasn't been rooted or anything. What can I do?? :'(

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can't Install 2 Application Updates

You could try uninstalling something else to see if that frees up enough space to update those then reinstall whatever you uninstalled? Or clear data/cache on the Play Store. I used to have that problem years ago with my S3.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site

Yup, what he said. Try reboot first, but sounds like you are low on storage. Delete some apps that you don't use or some videos or anything sizable.

Posted via the Android Central App

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Also check the apps feedback and see if other people are having problems.
I have several phones and on my Note 4 i have 2 apps that will fail to update going on a week now.
Trails frontier and Empires and Allies. However they did update on my Galaxy S6 and Nexus 6. Checking app feedback other people are reporting failed updates too. So might not be you tablet at all, but an issue on googles end.

StLouisMan2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

You could try uninstalling something else to see if that frees up enough space to update those then reinstall whatever you uninstalled? Or clear data/cache on the Play Store. I used to have that problem years ago with my S3.

Clearing the data/cache was one of the Google Helpful Hints; I've already done that. I did the uninstall that you mentioned and that didn't help. Thank you.

StLouisMan2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

Yup, what he said. Try reboot first, but sounds like you are low on storage. Delete some apps that you don't use or some videos or anything sizable.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks, but as I said above, that didn't help.

StLouisMan2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Also check the apps feedback and see if other people are having problems.
I have several phones and on my Note 4 i have 2 apps that will fail to update going on a week now.
Trails frontier and Empires and Allies. However they did update on my Galaxy S6 and Nexus 6. Checking app feedback other people are reporting failed updates too. So might not be you tablet at all, but an issue on googles end.

This is a great idea and seems to be the situation. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox