The July update is available (MOB30P), marked 5 July, with a bunch of security updates. They are saying that this might be the last update for our tablet, as this release fulfills Google's promised 3 years of security updates.
    GSDer and B. Diddy like this.
    07-07-2016 04:05 AM
    Was that actually mentioned in the update notification, or are you talking about the general Google policy? It's worth noting that Google usually says that they "can't guarantee" further updates, rather than saying that a given device will definitely stop getting updates at a certain time. So who knows, maybe the N7 will keep chugging along for a while.
    07-08-2016 03:10 PM
    Was that actually mentioned in the update notification, or are you talking about the general Google policy? It's worth noting that Google usually says that they "can't guarantee" further updates, rather than saying that a given device will definitely stop getting updates at a certain time. So who knows, maybe the N7 will keep chugging along for a while.
    Totally speculative. It's not written anywhere official that I'm aware of. I know it's Google's normal timetable, and I did see a couple articles that say it might be the last, like one on androidpolice.com from 2 days ago (6 July). But no, I've got no insider info or anything like that.

I hope i didn't make it sound more certain than it is. 😗
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-08-2016 11:06 PM