My Nexus 7 2013 wifi keeps freezing and restarting?

A

AC Question

MY nexus 7 2013 wifi keeps freezing and restarting?

I've had it for awhile now, and all of a sudden my android just one day froze and wouldn't move. A few seconds later it would restart and go back to the google screen to reboot, and then it would continue doing this over and over again. It's gotten to the point where it freezes at the circles animation and restarts, and I can't even get to the main screen or homepage. It keeps going until i manually shut it down or it runs out of charge. I've tried the following to solve it:
flashing factory image
tapping on the side
factory reset
wiping cache partition

all to no avail. Is there any way for me to fix it, it is my most favorite tablet and i would love to use it again. (I can access the bootloader and fastboot mode if that helps.)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: MY nexus 7 2013 wifi keeps freezing and restarting?

Mod Note, I will move this to the n7 forum for more visibility

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, I think your hardware is toast - that sounds like a problem I've dealt with a couple of times, where the flash part gets corrupted and the OS can no longer read/write to a specific area in the firmware which causes that boot loop behavior. Things like the bootloader and even Recovery/Download mode SEEM to work correctly, but in actuality the firmware that you flash never gets successfully written.

That's been my experience - YMMV.

Tahmeed Chowdhury

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site

Sorry, I think your hardware is toast - that sounds like a problem I've dealt with a couple of times, where the flash part gets corrupted and the OS can no longer read/write to a specific area in the firmware which causes that boot loop behavior. Things like the bootloader and even Recovery/Download mode SEEM to work correctly, but in actuality the firmware that you flash never gets successfully written.

That's been my experience - YMMV.

I think you might be right. When i tried flashing it said it was done but missing the boot.sig and recovery.sig (which most people said was ok). I thought that fixed it but it obviously didn't. So im guessing theres no eau to fix it without repairing or buying a new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781