Nexus 7 2013 - Screen Issue

Scott Whittier

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Looking for one last shred of hope. I've got a Google Nexus 7 2013 model. The center portion of the screen is no longer touch sensitive. The edges appear to work as when I attempt to drag up to get to the login pattern. But once I've dragged up a short distance it loses contact and drops back to its normal position. I've opened the tablet and looked at the various connections. I've even added padding and tape across the main connections as I saw in a number of YouTube vids but no luck. I'm not sure how much further I want to go disassembling this without an understand of the goal. Any thoughts?

TIA

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a faulty digitizer, which would require glass replacement. I haven't looked to see if the glass is available separate from the glass.

Might be worth looking for a "for parts" N7 on eBay, etc, worth a good screen you can swap your main board into. Or wait to see if the rumored Huawei Pixel 7" tablet is affordable.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't even try to replace the digitizer separate from the glass - either replace the whole shebang or forget it.

Amazon has a variety of these (ex. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016MKV3QG?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5419264) so you have to decide whether it's better to throw $40 or so at the problem, invest it in something like an nVidia Shield K1, or wait until the (supposed) replacement tablet from Google later this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech