My Asus Nexus 7 (2nd Gen) wont turn on blinking White LED x 5

Davericho

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
So I have not used my tablet in over 6 months. So I presume the battery is completely flat. When holding down the power for over a minute it just flashes White 5 times but does not turn on, have also tried the vol down and power button trick. I disconnected the battery for two minutes then plugged it back in again with the same issue. I had this posted to me from family as I moved and did not get my original charger. Am using my Samsung S7 charger which is a known charger I presume this will be fine? I have left it chargeing for over three days but still no success. Will I have to replace the battery?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The Samsung charger should be fine, assuming that your micro-USB port is working.

When you have the charger plugged in are you seeing the battery graphic showing charging activity?

Jah One

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
So I have not used my tablet in over 6 months. So I presume the battery is completely flat. When holding down the power for over a minute it just flashes White 5 times but does not turn on, have also tried the vol down and power button trick. I disconnected the battery for two minutes then plugged it back in again with the same issue. I had this posted to me from family as I moved and did not get my original charger. Am using my Samsung S7 charger which is a known charger I presume this will be fine? I have left it chargeing for over three days but still no success. Will I have to replace the battery?

Jah One

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Same problem with me, Samsung chargers are the best chargers for the nexus 7 2nd gen but recently I have been having to move the charger around a lot for the past year. Today I went to charge my tablet (the first time in one month) and above the charging port was a white flashing light. I have never seen this light in the three years I had this tablet. I'm thinking I have to buy a new battery or charging mother board. Please help, any information would help the cause.

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
if you see the flashing light, that means the battery is very low. it happened to me just recently. i guess that the lifespan of this battery is almost dead.