this tablet's storage is increasing all the time, is the battery dying?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i have uninstalled a few apps, and i hardly ever take new photos, videos. and i have deleted at least 1 gb files.

but the storage seems to be increasing quickly daily. what can i do? any apps to see which app is causing the problem?

---

it seems that the battery can't be charged easily. i charge it at night, by the morning, the charger itself feels cool, and the tablet shuts down due to 0 power. i change the chargers, and sometimes charge it thru usb, it still can be charged, but it can never be charged to 100% any more.

does that mean, the battery is dying?

thanks.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings -> Storage and see what type of files are consuming your storage space. Tap on the largest entries to see the actual folders/files.

Let us know what you find.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I did a complete reset on my device (I didn't have anything in it that couldn't be restored through the Play Store - no photos, videos, or mp3 files), and found that I recovered a lot of extra space. Previously I was always running low (over 11 gb of about 12 in use), I'm now closer to around 7 gb. Appears to be running a bit smoother as well. After 3 1/2 years, I was afraid I'd need to look for another tablet, but now I'm hoping I'm good to go for a while!