is the battery about to die ?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
it used to be fine, but just one day, the battery started to lose its power really quickly. i charged it, instead of increasing, it decreased.

i changed all kinds of cables, chargers. sometimes, the power can still increase very slowly. sometimes when i charge it overnight, it didn't increase its power, it lost all the power, and shut itself down.

i can still use it once in a while when it has some power. just two days ago, somehow, it was charged to 100% when it was in safe mode. and it didn't lose its power quickly, either. i thought that all is well.

when i tried to charge it again int safe mode, it didn't work with the random charger.

one strange thing is that the blue tooth starts to be turned on by itself daily, very frequently even when i turned it off. and it consumes power more than the system itself.

sometimes, the tablet can be charged thru usb slowly, sometimes, it can be charged with a charger, etc. there doesn't seem to be a fixed method to charge it.

-----
overall, it just seemed that this problem started so suddenly. i am not sure if it is the battery or something else?

i am thinking about changing the battery, is it an easy task to do?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm inclined to think it's the batter as well. As for how easy it is...I'm not sure. I would check out iFixit. They do pretty good tear downs of a lot of devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech