Battery use screengrab - is it dying?

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
Recently started having a problem with my Nexus 7 - I had left it to charge and woke up to find it had completely drained. So I turned it on and left it to charge and it only went up to 10%. Since then I've been having problems with it - it looked like I'd just about sorted it and it got up to around 65% charge, but then it drained out completely overnight again.

Looking at other similar issues people have had either the micro-usb is gone or the battery has.

At the moment I have it plugged in to charge but it keeps flicking between charging and battery saver. So that could be the micro-USB not picking up the power properly, or it could be the battery not being able to charge properly.

I took a screengrab of the batter history and you can see a sudden and big drop-off - and it's the fast drop in charge which makes me think it's the battery rather than the micro-usb:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx2Q-Gm96iKHRUtNODAweS1JbzFrUXl0aF81VkQ5emV3YmZV

How hard is it to replace the battery? Feels like it's going to be a bit of a hassle and potentially £60 to sort if I don't brick the damn thing.

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
Cheers, looks like it can be done fro about £50 although I'm not 100% whether it's the charging port or the battery itself, presumably they could check - techrepairs.co.uk. Never heard of them though. An extra £100+ to get the Shield K1 and then I'd need a case etc so edging up to £120-30. Might be easier to repair but so frustrating...

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
yes, the battery is dying. i have similar problems now.

i have a voltage monitor, i have to plug in the usb cable several times before it shows it is charging at 1.9 v.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech