My 2013 Nexus 7 is stock, running Android 6.0.1

I want to add music files to the device. When connected via USB to my PC, the Music folder appears empty. On the Nexus side, using fx, I can see all of my music files fine. They play with no problems.

I can put a new folder in Music via PC by simply copying it there. Now the Music folder has this single folder (viewed on the PC). When viewed with fx, I don't find the folder.

Neutron finds the new folder in Music with no problem--it shows up as an album, great. It does not show up under an artist sort because the new folder is not placed under the Music/artist directory.

How do I add new music to my device into the correct artist folder?

Thanks,
    Steve
    01-02-2017 03:05 AM
    I'm not sure why the Music folder shows as empty when connected via USB, but regardless - have you tried just copying your new music directly into that folder (rather than creating a sub-folder)?

You could also try something like SyncMe Wireless https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=O4SAmAm1
    01-02-2017 12:45 PM
    This morning I found that I can use fx two ways. The Home menu shows a Music/Audio icon, which is where the album cannot be copied. If instead I go to Main Storage/Music I can put the album where I want. I think I was doing it wrong.

It still would be nice if I could see all the subdirectories in Music when I'm looking from the PC, if anyone can shed light on this.

Thanks GSDer
    01-02-2017 12:49 PM
    Not sure what your issue might be. I use MediaMonkey to sync between my PC and Nexus. I have to set my Nexus to "File Transfer" mode before this will work or enable me to see any of my directories from the PC, but once I do that, it seems to always work....
    01-03-2017 08:34 AM