This problem randomly started about a week ago. Everything was working fine then out of no where the tablet keeps shutting the screen on and off making it impossible to even unlock the device. Then aftewards the screen will stay black and come back on later -- by itself, with no one interacting with it -- and this isn't a reboot or anything. The tablet is just in sleepmode and randomly decides to come back on. Sometimes it comes back on and the camera is open.

Sometimes the screen stays black and the notification light blinks occasionaly and every time you hit the power button the notification light will blink once. Sometimes plugging in a charger and hitting both volume buttons forces the screen awake but not always.

Happens in safe mode too but it takes a lot longer to start happening.
    What do I do?
    12-06-2018 12:19 PM
    Any magnets nearby, like in a case? That could trigger the smartcover sensor.
    12-06-2018 03:03 PM
    No cases or magnets nearby.
    12-06-2018 03:41 PM
    See if wiping the cache partition helps: http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...tion-wipe.html
    12-06-2018 04:03 PM
    I did this earlier and forgot to add it to OP. Did not solve the problem. Didn't even seem to affect it.
    12-06-2018 04:43 PM
    I wonder if the Power button might be faulty. If there's a loose connection somewhere, maybe it's intermittently registering a press, which would lead to the screen waking or going to sleep.
    12-06-2018 06:53 PM
    I wonder if the Power button might be faulty. If there's a loose connection somewhere, maybe it's intermittently registering a press, which would lead to the screen waking or going to sleep.
    Does it sound like any other common problem?
    That does sound like a logical cause though.
    12-06-2018 10:11 PM
    I haven't seen it described exactly like that, but it sure sounds like a hardware issue.
    12-07-2018 12:21 AM