N7 randomly going in/out of sleep

coppersly

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
This problem randomly started about a week ago. Everything was working fine then out of no where the tablet keeps shutting the screen on and off making it impossible to even unlock the device. Then aftewards the screen will stay black and come back on later -- by itself, with no one interacting with it -- and this isn't a reboot or anything. The tablet is just in sleepmode and randomly decides to come back on. Sometimes it comes back on and the camera is open.

Sometimes the screen stays black and the notification light blinks occasionaly and every time you hit the power button the notification light will blink once. Sometimes plugging in a charger and hitting both volume buttons forces the screen awake but not always.

Happens in safe mode too but it takes a lot longer to start happening.
What do I do?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if the Power button might be faulty. If there's a loose connection somewhere, maybe it's intermittently registering a press, which would lead to the screen waking or going to sleep.

coppersly

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I wonder if the Power button might be faulty. If there's a loose connection somewhere, maybe it's intermittently registering a press, which would lead to the screen waking or going to sleep.

Does it sound like any other common problem?
That does sound like a logical cause though.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen it described exactly like that, but it sure sounds like a hardware issue.