release date for Nexus 8/9

Paskell

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I want a new tablet.. Not into iPads. Or buying a 7" etc.. New Sony tablet looks nice at 8". But I'd rather the nexus experience to go with my nexus 5 and whatever the next nexus phone or silver line is. Love that stock android

Posted via Android Central App

wolfier

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
See how thin the bazel is already on the newest Nexus 7? Unless they can shrink it any further I highly doubt Google will release a Nexus 8.

9 is too close to 10 to be useful on its own merit.

I want a new tablet.. Not into iPads. Or buying a 7" etc.. New Sony tablet looks nice at 8". But I'd rather the nexus experience to go with my nexus 5 and whatever the next nexus phone or silver line is. Love that stock android

Paskell

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Well there not just going to release the same tablet.. And I personally think the screen size on the nexus 7 is too small for how big the body is..

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Well there not just going to release the same tablet.. And I personally think the screen size on the nexus 7 is too small for how big the body is..

Agreed, and it seems like we have been waiting forever for this thing. 😢

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, and it seems like we have been waiting forever for this thing. ??????

The last two Nexus 7 tablets came out in June/July didn't they? It's now September and no sign of one yet....It's been quite a long wait, and the leaks have been very anemic. Hopefully we hear something soon.

I've read supposed release dates around Halloween this time for both the Nexus tablet and phone.

flattie

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
The last two Nexus 7 tablets came out in June/July didn't they? It's now September and no sign of one yet....It's been quite a long wait, and the leaks have been very anemic. Hopefully we hear something soon.

I've read supposed release dates around Halloween this time for both the Nexus tablet and phone.

It has felt like a long wait, particularly for the tablet. I'm expecting the next few weeks to be about Apple. They'll announce, launch and run out of stock in the space of a few weeks. Once that has happened, I'll be looking for Nexus information to start gushing through the rumour mill. I won't be at all surprised to see an October or November launch for both phone and tablet. Tbh, I'm just grateful that the Nexus programme has apparently lived to fight another year.

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
It has felt like a long wait, particularly for the tablet. I'm expecting the next few weeks to be about Apple. They'll announce, launch and run out of stock in the space of a few weeks. Once that has happened, I'll be looking for Nexus information to start gushing through the rumour mill. I won't be at all surprised to see an October or November launch for both phone and tablet. Tbh, I'm just grateful that the Nexus programme has apparently lived to fight another year.

I think the nexus program is alive and well.

flattie

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
As do I, hence my closing sentence. However, rumours from the first 4-5 months of this year seemed to indicate that the Nexus line had reached an end; that it seems it hasn't is why I am grateful.

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
As do I, hence my closing sentence. However, rumours from the first 4-5 months of this year seemed to indicate that the Nexus line had reached an end; that it seems it hasn't is why I am grateful.

Oh gotcha I read that as you were worried the business wasn't doing well. My bad.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I thought I heard somewhere that the Nexus 9 would be revealed October 15 or 16 with the release date a couple of weeks after that?

Not sure, my knowledge may be wrong on this. I have seen the October 8 or 9 date thrown around, but I thought was HTC with their 'double exposure' event, not necessarily the Nexus 9.

flippedout

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I thought I heard somewhere that the Nexus 9 would be revealed October 15 or 16 with the release date a couple of weeks after that?

Not sure, my knowledge may be wrong on this. I have seen the October 8 or 9 date thrown around, but I thought was HTC with their 'double exposure' event, not necessarily the Nexus 9.

Correct. The 8th is the Double Exposure event - nothing to do with what we are interested in on this thread. My understanding is the 16th will be the announcement alongside the Nexus 6 with retail availability in November.

All this waiting sucks but with today's "confirmation by AP" on the Nexus 6 looks like I will keep the N5 and get the new tablet.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Correct. The 8th is the Double Exposure event - nothing to do with what we are interested in on this thread. My understanding is the 16th will be the announcement alongside the Nexus 6 with retail availability in November.

All this waiting sucks but with today's "confirmation by AP" on the Nexus 6 looks like I will keep the N5 and get the new tablet.

Why? Because of the suspected 5.9" screen on the nexus 6?

flippedout

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Why? Because of the suspected 5.9" screen on the nexus 6?

If it holds to be true, yes. My N5 is perfectly capable of another year of service and that jump in screen size doesn't entice me (enough) to jump to a new device. Plus my tablet situation needs updating. Currently using the OG Note 10.1 still on 4.1.2. I want a new tablet more than I need a new phone. :)

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
If it holds to be true, yes. My N5 is perfectly capable of another year of service and that jump in screen size doesn't entice me (enough) to jump to a new device. Plus my tablet situation needs updating. Currently using the OG Note 10.1 still on 4.1.2. I want a new tablet more than I need a new phone. :)

I dont blame you. I want a nexus phone and was waiting to see what size the nexus 6 is going to be. If it is going to be 6 inches i will just get the nexus 5. I hope they dont discontinue them.