Nexus 9 : NVIDIA lets the cat out of the bag in lawsuit !!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
This will be my next tablet. The only decision I am going to have to make is if I keep my N7 or not...
I am.. I still love my N7 and TBH the amount you would get selling it, its worth more to me as a backup device :)

Been waiting for months for this much rumored tablet! Just need an exact date!.
Soon! I'm sure we will know more details very soon.

anon(552018)

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I really can not wait, I'm checking Google Alerts every morning. I have been looking forward to the Nexus more than the iPhone 6 (I will be getting both).
I sold my 2012 Nexus 7 for $120 earlier this month on craigslist. I have resorted to my Windows 8 Tablet, and my Moms iPad 2.
I am FEENING for my new couch potato device. I like the 7" but I'm willing to go up a few inches. 10" is too big for my taste.

anon(552018)

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
So is Google going to discontinue the Nexus 10 and 7 and just ship out an 'in-between' version? Also I loved the rubber/plastic back of the 2012 Nexus 7. It was so easy to hold, and didn't accumulate any blemishes.

There is an event on September 15th, and one on October 8th.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So is Google going to discontinue the Nexus 10 and 7 and just ship out an 'in-between' version? Also I loved the rubber/plastic back of the 2012 Nexus 7. It was so easy to hold, and didn't accumulate any blemishes.

There is an event on September 15th, and one on October 8th.

My guess is they discontinue the 2012 N7 and N10. Only keeping the N9 and 2013 N7.

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Truth be told mine is the same, the second I pick it up my 3 year old is staking claim to "play his game" or "watch his movie" haha.

Kids these days! My 3 year old nephew knows how to surf youtube for choo choo train videos lol . He also thinks my N7 is my phone too though. :D

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Getting back to the discussion here. Who's down for the Nexus 9 wrapped in a HTC shell with some Tegra powered goodness? I know I am..

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Getting back to the discussion here. Who's down for the Nexus 9 wrapped in a HTC shell with some Tegra powered goodness? I know I am..

I was 100% ready to buy at first chance I got. That was until I heard the Android Central Podcast where they said we would never see the Tegra K1 processor in a cell phone since it burns way too much power and gets too hot. Don't get me wrong I have a 2012 Nexus 7 with a Tegra 3 processor that right now won't give me more than 40 minutes a day of use which makes it almost useless. I did buy a new 2013 Nexus 7 that I got from Ebay cheap that will be delivered tomorrow. I know the 2013 Nexus 7 had a long battery life with the Snapdragon processor. I want to hear the Android Central reviews of the Nexus 9 before I buy now since battery life is my #1 priority over the incredible graphics that the Tegra K1 processor will deliver.

I can always give my 2013 Nexus 7 to my grandson if the new Nexus 9 has a good battery life but I want to see the Android Central review of the Nexus 9 before I buy. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer since I think the Nexus 9 will be great.

anon(552018)

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had a 2012 Nexus 7 for over a year and battery life was superb till the day I sold it. Its about how you close the apps. What apps you have running, etc.
You will see that the 'Nexus 9' will have an amazing battery. They need to Go For Broke because Samsung tabs have great if not better reviews and specs.
Source: I'm shopping around for the Samsung Tab S that came out this summer.

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I was 100% ready to buy at first chance I got. That was until I heard the Android Central Podcast where they said we would never see the Tegra K1 processor in a cell phone since it burns way too much power and gets too hot. Don't get me wrong I have a 2012 Nexus 7 with a Tegra 3 processor that right now won't give me more than 40 minutes a day of use which makes it almost useless. I did buy a new 2013 Nexus 7 that I got from Ebay cheap that will be delivered tomorrow. I know the 2013 Nexus 7 had a long battery life with the Snapdragon processor. I want to hear the Android Central reviews of the Nexus 9 before I buy now since battery life is my #1 priority over the incredible graphics that the Tegra K1 processor will deliver.

I can always give my 2013 Nexus 7 to my grandson if the new Nexus 9 has a good battery life but I want to see the Android Central review of the Nexus 9 before I buy. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer since I think the Nexus 9 will be great.

Uhhh...

Something is clearly wrong there. I have both a 2012 and 2013 N7 and while the 2013 battery life is better, I can still get many hours of straight browsing and video watching out of the 2012 model. (used my 2013 model last night for 3 hours for watching t.v. and when I stopped I was still at 70%.) 40 mins is terribad. I really don't think your going to need to worry about the N9 battery life. Then again I am a glass half full kind of guy....

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

Lately, I've had major issues with my N7 (2013) tablet so I am waiting on the edge of my seat for the N9! The fact tha HTC is making it and it will probably feel "premium", I'm soooo there! Since they let the cat out of the bag about Q3, I'm thinking we're only a few weeks away from an announcement.

J