Nexus 9 Specs

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
A few things concerns with the Nexus 9...

No. 1 - the battery life, I was expecting better
No. 2 - no Micro-SD port to expand the internal memory
No. 3 - why limit the tablet to 16g or 32g... it should be 32g or 64g with the cost of memory

1.) How can we judge the battery life at this point? Nobody has it to confirm but basing it on what the NVIDIA Shield Tablet is doing with the 32 bit version of the Tegra K1 processor it should be good.

2.) We know Google's stance on SDCARDs.

3.) Storage space. Yeah I'd like to have seen a 64 GB option. Guess it just wasn't configured into the budget :p

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The specs seem poor to me, I see they are not flaunting pixel density, probably because its less than n7 2013, plus a bigger screen I should imagine things are not going to look as good, 2 GB of ram, my 7 year old laptop has that amount and I find it just not jelling with me that in 2014 a tablet that should be an upgrade does not seem to be, 64 bit CPU? Only parts of the os is going to support it? Or apps? Are people really going to make a 64 bit app or will it be like PC, hardly any support for 64 bit programmes? Will it be a 64 bit CPU running 32bit programmes? If so what's the point except marketing?
No QHD display? Was expecting to be able to run two things on the screen at the same time seeing it being nearly 9 inch, oh well.

Posted via the Android Central App
Surely there are going to be some that aren't satisfied with what Google, HTC & NVIDIA have done combined. But same time did you expect at the release of 32 bit processors to have IMMEDIATE response from the devs in terms of apps? No.. It still is an ongoing process to this day and still has much to grow. 64 bit is in the infancy stage with Android but it is nice to see that those who do purchase this tablet will have the power on hand to tap the potential once the devs catch up.

Ivan Shingler

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't want to pay what seems to be a premium because its flaunting a 64 bit CPU, it has nothing else going for it, even the CPU is dual core.

freakyhair

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to pay what seems to be a premium because its flaunting a 64 bit CPU, it has nothing else going for it, even the CPU is dual core.

The whole point of Nexus is to help showcase what Android devices can do, and what Google would like them to be moving forward. There are always going to be some really cool things, and some things that just aren't quite "worth it" yet. That's the price of buying the latest and greatest.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Because I don't use the cloud, and will try to avoid it as long as I can. Why pay for data or worry about wifi service (I have access to neither in my office) when I can transfer and store to my device once (especially for traveling/planes, etc). Memory is so cheap (IC's and SD cards). The SD interfaces are also cheap. Implementing it in to the OS isn't even that hard if they cared about it.

You may want to consider the Shield Tablet. 8" super tablet with optional removable storage, very close to "stock" UI and a stylus, etc.

Ivan Shingler

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry but the nexus 9 IMO will be a massive fail, overpriced and is under specked, it makes the Samsung tab s look unbelievably good for the price, you know even that can multi window, super Amoled, OK its got touchwiz but its got an octa core processor of some sorts in it and 3gb ram, nexus used to be affordable, this time round I see there plan here, also how come the phone gets 3gb ram? Also a qhd display on a 6 inch screen.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry but the nexus 9 IMO will be a massive fail, overpriced and is under specked, it makes the Samsung tab s look unbelievably good for the price, you know even that can multi window, super Amoled, OK its got touchwiz but its got an octa core processor of some sorts in it and 3gb ram, nexus used to be affordable, this time round I see there plan here, also how come the phone gets 3gb ram? Also a qhd display on a 6 inch screen.

I get what you're saying, but those numbers don't tell even 10% of the story.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

You don't even understand specs let it go. You don't understands this at all.

Paskell

May 25, 2013
Visit site
You do realise the 64 bit is super core. In their description and in the image from nvidia I have seen. The cores are twice as big so I'm not to worried about it.. It will stomp any 32 bit out I bet..

Posted via Android Central App

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

neutron

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking about pre-ordering the LTE model via Best Buy. But, that listing shows it with T-Mobile. Does it really matter if I want to use it on AT&T?

dmslabs-blog

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I have a question, Nexus 9 has wireless charging and entry to microsd?
I have not found this information in any site.

Thank you

Daniel (Neoage Informática)

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 9 vs iPad Air 2:
  • 16 GB Wi-Fi Prices: $399 vs $499 (even the 32 GB Wi-Fi Nexus 9 is $479)
  • Speakers: Front Facing (Boomsound) vs bottom
  • PPI: 288 vs 264
  • RAM: 2GB vs 1GB
  • Wi-FI Weight: 425 grams vs 437 grams
  • LTE Weight: 436 grams vs 444 grams

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 9 vs iPad Air 2:
  • 16 GB Wi-Fi Prices: $399 vs $499 (even the 32 GB Wi-Fi Nexus 9 is $479)
  • Speakers: Front Facing (Boomsound) vs bottom
  • PPI: 288 vs 264
  • RAM: 2GB vs 1GB
  • Wi-FI Weight: 425 grams vs 437 grams
  • LTE Weight: 436 grams vs 444 grams
I prefer android over IOS but we all know that you don't buy an IOS device for the specs. You buy for the ecosystem and a more streamlined OS. I will say this. There are a lot more apps optimized for IPads than there are for android tablets..