Google Nexus 9 What does a Pre-Order typically get you with nexus?

freakyhair

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've only started to pay attention to the Nexus family in the past year, so I missed the releases of the other tablets (and phones). What do you think pre-ordering on October 17th will get you? Do you just receive your tablet a bit early, or are there extras?

I've really been waiting to buy a tablet since last spring because of the rumors of this have been dragging me along, So I'm getting anxious (and sick of using my wife's iPad :). However, I'm hesitant to be an early adopter of ANY device after being burned a few times by promising products. I think I'd like to see a few actual reviews before I hand over $400+.

Thoughts?

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: What does a Pre-Order typically get you with nexus?

You get the tablet you have ordered, and if you are in quick enough you would get the size you wanted the day its released

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

There is nothing special about it other than if there is limited supply, you could get in on the first shipments. If brick and mortar stores plan to sell it the same day, you will save money and time by buying it there. Google sucks at offering competitive shipping rates, or even over night without nickel and diming you.

dmlowery41

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site

Anyone heard anything about the 9 being sold at Amazon? I read a rumor a while back that they would be sold at Amazon. Fingers crossed for Prime shipping! I don't want to have to deal with slow and expensive Google shipping.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Anyone have any ideas as to what time it'll be available for pre-order? I know typically the Play Store updates new listings at noon-ish (EST/EDT) but I wonder if there's anything official.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol