So, I have an iPad Air and I am considering switching to the Nexus 9 but I need to figure out some stuff before deciding.

What major Android apps do not have tablet support?

How does syncing work for Android? Say I play Angry Birds on my Nexus 5, would its progress sync with my Nexus 9?

Any other stuff I should look out for?
    10-24-2014 04:17 AM
    There are very few, if any apps that do not work on tablets. Game data can be sync'd across devices, but it is up to the game developer to implement a mechanism to do this. They can do this via their own cloud storage or by using Google's API's through Google Play Games, which will sync app data to your Google account.
    10-24-2014 05:06 AM
    There are very few, if any apps that do not work on tablets. Game data can be sync'd across devices, but it is up to the game developer to implement a mechanism to do this. They can do this via their own cloud storage or by using Google's API's through Google Play Games, which will sync app data to your Google account.
    Sorry but your wrong! alot of apps wont work in my nexus 7 2012 i just got
    10-24-2014 05:25 AM
    Sorry but your wrong! alot of apps wont work in my nexus 7 2012 i just got
    What are some examples? It's very rare for an app to work on no tablets, though they may require minimum standards of processor, etc.
    10-24-2014 05:29 AM
    What are some examples? It's very rare for an app to work on no tablets, though they may require minimum standards of processor, etc.
    touch wont work force closes reboots not optimized to a lot of blank white and stuff try loading up a mobile side on your computer and you,ll see what i mean
    10-24-2014 05:30 AM
    I can't speak for games, but there are a ton of Apple iOS apps that just don't exist in the Android universe. However, when it comes to "equivalent" apps, I've generally been pretty satisfied (I own both Android and iOS stuff). One thing I haven't found is an encrypted note-taking / information management app like VoodooPad or DEVONthink on Android.

I'm also looking at getting an N9 instead of an Air 2, but my main use case is pretty straightforward: reading and writing. There are plenty of apps for these tasks
    10-24-2014 07:11 AM
    So, what apps work well on bigger tablet screens? Facebook, Twitter, gmail, Dropbox and Google drive, etc? Do all basic apps scale well on bigger screens? Any exceptions?
    11-04-2014 04:34 AM
    So, what apps work well on bigger tablet screens? Facebook, Twitter, gmail, Dropbox and Google drive, etc? Do all basic apps scale well on bigger screens? Any exceptions?
    The Facebook app absolutely sucks on Android tablets. Other than that I've yet to find any that don't scale reasonably well.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-04-2014 05:57 AM
    the android tablet experience is inferior to iOS. Alot of apps will not work as well as they do on your ipad. Developers do not take the time and put effort into optimizing their apps for android tablets. HOPEFULLY with Lollipop and the 4.3 aspect ratio in the Nexus 9, this will start to change.
    11-04-2014 06:35 AM