Google Nexus 9 this won't fit in a Micro USB slot

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
WARRING this is a USB interface not a Micro USB that will fit. Mfg should have said Low Profile instead of using the term "Micro USB " there wording is misleading. The Tech Spec show it is USB not Micro USB so it won't fit.

diskGO® Micro USB Flash Drive

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Low Profile Micro USB Drive Solution for Nexus 9 external storage

How are you going to plug that into the tablet?

This. Hehe
You'll need an OTG dongle, which adds to the bulk.

Nonetheless, this is a very tiny USB stick. It reminds me of the IR/Bluetooth receivers for wireless keyboards hehe.

flashesbuck

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I have seen these small USB sticks before... But regardless there is no way to force google play to sync music and movies to an external storage device..... I mainly would use it to have Plex cache movies to it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

I thought Play Music had 'gained' SD Card support a couple of updates ago... Since it's not a part of T-Mobile's Music Unleashed program (yet) I opted to use Spotify (that and the fact that Play Music has no free option hehe).

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

I thought Play Music had 'gained' SD Card support a couple of updates ago... Since it's not a part of T-Mobile's Music Unleashed program (yet) I opted to use Spotify (that and the fact that Play Music has no free option hehe).

Google Play Music does support external memory.

"The new Google Play Music version 5.3 introduces the ability to store cached or pinned music on external storage — i.e. a microSD card — as an alternative to internal storage. The app has always been able to play music from external storage, but until now cached music from online libraries was limited to internal storage."

Google Play Music updated with SD card cache support

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty