Google Nexus 9 Best Buy In-Store?

rnd0209

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Best Buy In-Store?

I'm about to pick up my in store online order at BB. Did they have any cases available when you guys got them?

Posted via the Android Central App

jspring86

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

They didn't have any cases here in Tempe, really wanted an HTC Magic Cover, but they didn't even have any third party cases.

rnd0209

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the quick reply guys. Guess I'll have to order from Google play. Want that magic cover.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site

Bought mine on BB.com at 10:03am today (right after the store opened). Reserved online, bought. PS: go to the post office and get a "movers guide." There's a 10% off coupon in the packet that works on anything in BB. 32gigs. It's sweet!

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

None on display, either. Only two in stock, both behind the order p/u counter. Not sure about cases. I ordered a sleeve & screen protectors from Amazon, next-day delivery.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

jspring86

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

The movers coupon is a win, I bought my iPad Air 2 and the Nexus 9 with that, got about $130 off between the two.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site

I have a first day Amazon order in limbo so I went to the Best Buy site and looked and they said there was one available at a local store so I went through the order process. They sent a confirmation e-mail but stated that I had to wait for a second e-mail telling me that it was ready to be picked up. Took 15 minutes but then I get an e-mail saying that it's no longer in stock. Since I didn't set up a Best Buy user account, it took another 20 minutes to cancel the order. The site still says they have one ready to pick up. No wonder I dislike Best Buy. I'll just sit on my Amazon order for now.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Hey guys I just realized I don't have chrome lining on my Nexus. Does anyone else?

Are you talking about the band around the outside? From the videos it looks like the black model is black or dark grey and the white ones show the aluminum.

Scotlac

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site

Hey guys I just realized I don't have chrome lining on my Nexus. Does anyone else?

Black one? They all have a metal trim but the black version is all black. It's my understanding that the white version has the actual metal exposed.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site

I didn't preorder, because I wanted to get a hands-on demo before pulling the trigger. I was out in Oklahoma City visiting family over the weekend and flew back late yesterday, so I checked inventory at the closest Best Buy (Oklahoma City West, Store 1419) and got there when they opened.

Abraham helped me out, and managed to locate their stock of Nexus 9s buried in the back (two each of 16GB and 32GB, Black Wi-Fi), AND he got permission from a manager to open up one of the units for a test drive since they didn't have any display units. Even though I told him I'd be buying a 32GB if I bought one, he opened a 16GB so I could walk out of the store with an unopened box.

It didn't take long for me to be sold. The tablet is gorgeous hardware-wise: slim, sturdy, light. The screen is beautiful, and the sound is rich and full. We put it through its paces and talked geek stuff. Abraham was pretty blown away by it, and I think he was looking forward to selling more of them.

Before my flight, I downloaded Compendium 2 of The Walking Dead on Play Books and my playlist of choice on Play Music All Access. I was pretty easily able to read TWD in landscape/two-page mode, and the sound quality through my headphones was fantastic. In addition, Google Now is great in Lollipop in two-column mode, and the new Lollipop calendar is gorgeous.

Yeah, lots of superlatives here, but I am a very happy customer. I haven't yet found one single thing that's less than great. To me, the black bars on widescreen video are a non-issue -- the viewable area is still as big as or bigger than the entire screen of my Nexus 7, and my main use case on the Nexus 9 is for reading and browsing, anyway.

HTC and Google killed it with this one. And Abraham at Best Buy Store 1419 in OKC is the man!

gdubs2013

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone gotten or even found a white model at Best Buy? It seems like every Best Buy I've called has only had blacks in stock.

egginator

May 24, 2010
Visit site

Just one question: is calling your Best Buy stores any different than checking their stock on the website?

jspring86

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

In my experience, yes. Yesterday the website told me they had no Nexus 9's in stock at my local store, I called and they had 2, the guy held one for me to come get it.

Flexia

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Just one question: is calling your Best Buy stores any different than checking their stock on the website?
My best buy showed non in stock online. I walked in and they had on under their nexus 7 display. He said they only got 2 in both black but a 16 and 32gig. Seems most best buys only got 2

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

roninmedia

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

Did anyone's local Best Buy actually have the Nexus 9 on display? I want to physically touch the thing so take stock of all the various hardware complaints before I buy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital