Google Nexus 9 Anyone have an updated shipping date on their Amazon pre-order?

Evo01

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone have an updated shipping date on their Amazon pre-order?

Mine says: Delivery estimate: Tuesday, November 4, 2014 by 8pm

itsmecaysie

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site

Mine is still showing that they can't give me a shipping or delivery date. Does anyone have a hard date yet?

mine still says Estimated delivery on Nov 4th, but i am not charged yet or any email

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

I just did a chat with a representative and they said they were currently "out of stock" and he had no further information. I was in the first group of pre-order people (as it seems you were as well), so I can't imagine that they got so few. All very odd.

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

I am in the same boat as you are. I am frustated. I also wish sites like Android central would start making artcles on it directly at Amazon screwing this up.
Amazon opens up preorders 1 day earily to get a bunch of extras.
2. Amazon does not tell anyone that they can not make the release until it is way to late.
3. Those people are SOL as now they have to go to back of the line everywhere else.

Amazon is not communicating with customers. Amazon deserves all the bad press they can get because this is beyond unacceptable. Amazon should be force to make it right not this lets say nothing. Bad press I would expect it would force them to explain it.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

I agree. If they didn't have the supply from Google rock solid in decent numbers, then they should never have taken pre-orders with a shipping and delivery date right on the order page. I suppose we wait to see what happens through the day today, but if it turns out that they took pre-orders that way then they should suffer a bit of backlash, for sure.

captainbdsc

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Nothing yet for me. I hope they make good... if not, that will be very frustrating...

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

I am in full support after this fubar of Google saying for the next release telling Amazon you get ZERO nexus devices. Not allowed to sell any send the message of screw your customers we screw you.

cd419

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

My delivery date of the 4th just disappeared from my order page. Spoke to Amazon via chat and she said her system says stock is set for January 5 2015?!?! WTF Amazon? Second time I've been burned by an Amazon tablet pre-order. Have a pre-order from the 18th in at Best Buy but that one looks like it won't ship today as well! All local best buy's are out of stock as well...

sekots

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

Pre-ordered a couple hours after it went live on amazon. Just checked again and still no shipping info.

Flexia

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

I really think they don't know what's going o. With current orders. I think the reps are only see in when they will get current stock in

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Well, I went down to my local Best Buy and, after waiting nearly 25 minutes for them to look around, they found that they had two, one in each size (both in black) and I got the 32GB. As soon as I saw that it booted up fine, I canceled my Amazon order while still in the parking lot. First time I have had a problem with Amazon. Won't be quite so confident with them next time.

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

I really think they don't know what's going o. With current orders. I think the reps are only see in when they will get current stock in

hence the reason why I think the android sites should get involved and hammer them with bad press. The peons know know nothing and they are getting hit by all the crap. It is a lot higher up the food chain that caused this mess.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Heres my convo with amazon..

Me:I have been given a delivery date Of November 4th and i was also told that there is no delays and i will receive my product on the 4th yet i have yet to receive tracking info or ANY update. Can you please offer me more info on my order? 111-8901385-0713010
Kithion Robinson:Hello, my name is Kithion Robinson. I'll certainly try to help regarding your concern.
Me:Thank You :)
Kithion Robinson:Would you mind if I put you on hold for a couple of minutes while I check this for you?
Me:Not a problem at all.
Kithion Robinson:Thanks for waiting, Joseph.
I've checked and see that the avail status of the item is stated as "Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available".
When an item is listed as "Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available," this means the item is currently out of stock and we’re not sure when we’ll get more of this item. We can't predict how long it'll take us to receive this item or when we'll be able to ship it. Once the item is back in stock, we'll ship the item with Prime shipping - Two-Day Shipping for most items, or 3-5 day for items with special shipping characteristics.
Me:I already placed my order. I actually placed it the moment they went on presell
which was over 2 weeks ago'
Kithion Robinson:I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.
I can confirm that this item will be back ordered and once we get the item we'll ship the item with one-day shipping.
Me:Ive been under the impression that i was receiving this tomorrow. Why would my order tell me this if it wasn't available?
I'm extremely upset and i dont usually get upset.
this is a HUGE inconvience for me, Because i was told by others that i would receive this on time. My order says this as well, Everything points to me receiving this on time. You set expectations and can you blame me?
I would have had no problem if my order said that its backordered or out of stock, At least i know this and i can plan accordingly, But this wasn't the case
Kithion Robinson:I can understand your disappointment, Joseph.
We'll make sure this will never happen again.
Me:I get that, But i know have a son who wont get his birthday gift. I could have gotten this from somewhere else on time, But i put my trust in AMAZON as a prime member that they would deliver
I could have purchased it through Google, Best Buy, New Egg All have these in stock RIGHT NOW, but i chose you guys.
Kithion Robinson:I'm really sorry about your son. I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us.
To compensate for the inconvenience, I'll waive the shipping charge from your order.
Me:Do you know for sure that this won't be shipped in time? Why does my order say "Delivery estimate: Tuesday, November 4, 2014 by 8pm" if it wasn't?
I'm a prime member, There is no shipping charge

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Pre-ordered a couple hours after it went live on amazon. Just checked again and still no shipping info.

I did this as well, I am on the phone and making them do something about this screw up. They are investigating my order and i'll let you know if i have more info on other orders as well

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

So apparently if your order says it will be delivered and you have no been notified of a delay, then you should expect it to be on time according to this person.

Kithion Robinson:We do understand our customer situation.
I can confirm that we still expect to deliver your order by Tuesday, November 4, 2014. We'll send you an e-mail when the order is shipped.
Me:You can confirm? Can you explain a little more?
Kithion Robinson:When we ship your order, we'll use the appropriate ground or air shipping service necessary to make sure your order gets to you by the estimated delivery date we quoted when you placed your order.
Me:So are you saying that you were able to see that there is enough stock to fulfill my order?
Kithion Robinson:Yes, Joseph.
If there is any delay, we would've already sent an e-mail regarding this. But in this case, as you were not notified about any delay, you can still expect your order delivered by Tuesday, November 4, 2014.

Evo01

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

So apparently if your order says it will be delivered and you have no been notified of a delay, then you should expect it to be on time according to this person.

I can confirm that we still expect to deliver your order by Tuesday, November 4, 2014. We'll send you an e-mail when the order is shipped.
Kithion Robinson:When we ship your order, we'll use the appropriate ground or air shipping service necessary to make sure your order gets to you by the estimated delivery date we quoted when you placed your order.
Me:So are you saying that you were able to see that there is enough stock to fulfill my order?
If there is any delay, we would've already sent an e-mail regarding this. But in this case, as you were not notified about any delay, you can still expect your order delivered by Tuesday, November 4, 2014.

Have they charged your card yet?

Flexia

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Thats good to know. I just saw on bestbuy that they are offering $100 back for any old tablet trade in. If they had an White (dont like the black fingerprint magnet) in stock by me I would be leaving the house now with my wifes old Acer tab

rdcamero

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site

I guess we will know for sure in a few hours.Mine says the 4th also.No update yet though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay