Google Nexus 9 First, very quick, impressions

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
The build quality is top-notch. A solid step up from the Nexus 7 and on par with my wife's iPad Air. It just has a luxury feel to it. My only slight gripe is that the buttons on the side are a bit too flat. But, with the tap to turn on feature, this is less of an issue.

The speed is impressive, but it always is on a new device, so time will tell. I am optimistic, though, given the guts inside.

Lollipop is a great upgrade, smooth and attractive. I wonder whether the animations will start to annoy, but so far it's all good.

The screen had me worried when I first heard the PPI, which is lower than the Nexus 7, but I am no longer worried. The screen is VERY nice, I will do side by sides up close with the 7, but so far it looks impressive.

The weight was also a concern coming from the 7, which was so wonderfully light and easy to handle. I have not held it for longer periods yet, but so far it doesn't feel heavy at all. We'll see how that plays out.

Overall I am very pleased with my purchase. It is a lot of money, but I feel I am getting value for money over the Nexus 7.

Last edited:

husa3695

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: First, very quick, impressions

I left a Samsung Note 10.1 tablet for this and I'm glad I did. It's a beautiful tablet and I like the size better than the Samsung.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay