Nexus 9... so I hated the thought of 4:3

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
But after using it today on the N9 I have had a complete turnaround, I dunno if its Lollypop but it just seems to work so well for email, web browsing, and general use.

I hated the iPad because if it but I'm putting that down to IOS after using the N9 for a while.

Very impressed, Wednesday I'll be doing a N9 and Shield Tablet side by side video

Posted via the Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm really excited to see how this thing compares to some others. I have the Shield Tablet also - let us know your thoughts on performance differences between the two processors. Thanks!

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm a geek.... I cannot resist new electronics, I'm on my 42nd phone since June 2013, thus will be my 25th tablet.

I can tell you I'm not going to buy something until I'm a blue in the face. But if I see it sat there on release day then I cannot help myself lol

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I agree that 4:3 is better for pretty much everything but video, but the problem for me at least is that I use my Nexus 7 to watch videos all the time. I don't have a TV in my room, and being able to curl up and watch a movie on my tablet is far more comfortable than watching a movie on my Chromebook.

Android standard 8:5 (16:10) aspect ratio and the Nexus 9's 4:3 aspect ratio both seem to be on the extreme ends of the spectrum. Every Nexus tablet screen has had its pros and cons.

Nexus 7:
Better for watching videos due to the aspect ratio.
Worse for watching videos due to the screen size.
Better for reading books due to the screen size.
Worse for reading books due to the aspect ratio.
Worse for magazines and web browsing due to screen size and aspect ratio.

Nexus 9:
Worse for watching videos due to the aspect ratio.
Better for watching videos due to the screen size.
Okay for reading books due to the screen size.
Better for reading books due to the aspect ratio.
Better for magazines and web browsing due to screen size and aspect ratio.

Nexus 10:
Better for watching videos due to the aspect ratio.
Better for watching videos due to the screen size.
Worse for reading books due to the screen size.
Worse for reading books due to the aspect ratio.
Better for magazines and web browsing due to screen size
Worse for magazines and web browsing due to the aspect ratio.

Last edited:

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm a geek.... I cannot resist new electronics, I'm on my 42nd phone since June 2013, thus will be my 25th tablet.

I can tell you I'm not going to buy something until I'm a blue in the face. But if I see it sat there on release day then I cannot help myself lol

.....42 phones and 25 tablets in a little over a year.....sheesh...

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
But after using it today on the N9 I have had a complete turnaround, I dunno if its Lollypop but it just seems to work so well for email, web browsing, and general use.

I hated the iPad because if it but I'm putting that down to IOS after using the N9 for a while.

Very impressed, Wednesday I'll be doing a N9 and Shield Tablet side by side video

what happened to the review?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar