05-08-2016 09:40 AM
58 123
tools
    I got a Nexus 9 about a month ago with HTC was running a one day sale for $239 for the 16GB model but I paid a little more for the 32GB model.

I was expecting it to be a battery hog and run hot. No light bleend, no build quality issues. It isn't as good as my wife's Samsung Tab S 10.5 screen but I have been pleasantly surprised at the quality of this Nexus 9. It works great and battery lasts for several hours playing games that matches the Samsung Tab S playing the same game. Plus N9 charges pretty fast. The N9 is light years better than my older N7 both the 2012 and 2013 versions.

My only issue is the screen sensitivity playing games like Clash of Clans that seems to be slow to recognize a quick touch. Sure wish it had the option to increase the touch sensitivity. Other than that I love this N9.
    10-10-2015 12:21 PM
    I received a Nexus 9 as a Christmas present. Turned it on. Ran through the updates. The Marshmallow update was the last of four or five updates in a row. It runs fast and smooth enough for me. I'm loving it.
    (I do realize that those who have gone before me had to experience the pre-android 6.0 update.)
    12-30-2015 08:45 PM
    I just bought a Nexus 9 off of Amazon earlier this week, and I'm loving it! It's a nice size, comparable to my daughter's iPad Air, but best of all it's a Nexus tablet running Android! Thought I was buying a WiFi model, but was quite surprised when I opened the box to find that it was the LTE model. I've been using it without a SIM card in it with no issues so far. Been debating over whether or not to get a SIM card and some pre-paid Data plan, but haven't made up my mind on that one yet.

The one weird thing is that the AC charger for it is on of the European style chargers and not what we use here in the USA. Though it did come with an adapter so that I am able to charge the device with the supplied charger. Tried charging it on my RavPower 4 port wall charger, but it took forever when using one of the 1 amp ports, and the 2 amp port was marginally faster. Using the supplied charger, this thing charged up in no time it seemed.

Overall I'm well pleased with the device and would recommend this to anyone looking for a good tablet.
    02-11-2016 09:15 AM
    Have had my Nexus 8 about 3 days and am enjoying it very much.

Charge time is my only issue. Unit came with a Samsung 5V 1A charger (Identical to my Galaxy S3 charger). Just received an ECO USB 5V 1.5A charger I purchased online in hopes of a faster charge.

Have experienced a bit of touch in sensitivity but it cleared up with a browser refresh.

Much faster than my Nexus 7 (2013) which was running like new on Marshmallow until about a month ago when touch screen started having serious issues.

No screen bleed or build issues. Using a device wear case as the design worked very well with my Nexus 7.

Hoping to stay, a happy camper
    02-25-2016 03:50 PM
    I own it several months.

It is fast. Great screen. I love aspect ratio of it's screen.
    But i wish to have a ability to use an external SD card.

No build problems, except one: back coating begins to peel of on corners.
    04-27-2016 01:52 AM
    My Nexus 9 also came with a European style charger. I looked up the model number and realized it was the Russian model. I bought the tablet from a 3rd party seller on Amazon. When I purchased it I assumed I would get the US model. This shows that some 3rd party Amazon sellers can't be trusted. I decided to keep it because the unit didn't have any of the issues I read about online.
    05-07-2016 08:59 AM
    My Nexus 9 also came with a European style charger. I looked up the model number and realized it was the Russian model. I bought the tablet from a 3rd party seller on Amazon. When I purchased it I assumed I would get the US model. This shows that some 3rd party Amazon sellers can't be trusted. I decided to keep it because the unit didn't have any of the issues I read about online.
    How did you find that out? I've tried several Google searches and can't find anything for figuring out what model numbers are for what areas. I did find out that my Nexus 9 was made in January 2015.
    05-08-2016 08:59 AM
    I don't fully remember how I found out. Mine is either Russian or Eastern European. I do remember looking up how many different Nexus 9 models Google sold.
    05-08-2016 09:40 AM
58 123