09-17-2015 02:24 AM
91 1234
tools
    I really like the n9 and had a few apps crash. Photos crashed,on me when I was editing a picture. Other apps such as Verizon fios mobile and HBO go do not work properly. Fios app keeps buffering and HBO Go app keeps refreshing on the login screen not allowing me enough time to actually login. The tablet is great and aside from these things, I love it. Just need these apps updated soon.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-08-2014 09:44 AM
    My Multitasking button keeps stopping working.

A least once a day it just completely stops working. When I hit the on screen button it lights up to show it's been pressed but the multitasking list doesn't come up. I tried manually killing all the running apps but it still doesn't work. The only fix is a reboot. ... Until the glitch comes back and I have to reboot again

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone have a fix for it?
    Yes, that was just one of my problems with software.

Hardware wise, my back cover is coming away in 2 corners, about a 2mm gap. An annoying click from one side when u hold it and light bleed.

Overall I'm not happy and unfortunately not even going to chance a replacement. Its going back for refund!
    11-08-2014 01:33 PM
    Same behavior here. Occasionally drops wifi signal but walking into room with wifi router will connect again but not automatically.

11-08-2014 09:33 PM
    Seems odd. My nexus 10 always seemed fast but everything on the 9 just flies
    11-08-2014 10:19 PM
    Do far Wi-Fi reception seems to be OK. I walked out to the street with it and WiFi stayed connected. My router is in the basement
    11-08-2014 10:24 PM
    Agree tee updates need to come. I could not get xbmc to work or mx player pro so I installed vlc pleasure which is fine. I am sure there will be no problem as programmers convert over to lollipop
    11-08-2014 10:27 PM
    Just ran an ookla speed test... Ping 12 ms / downloiad 88 M / upload 19M
    11-08-2014 10:32 PM
    It's odd.. When I first tried it I thought I saw a very small amount of light bleed on one side, but in checking now i can not see any???? Not sure if I just aimed it would be there so I saw it but now in a dark room turned up I see none of it!
    11-08-2014 10:36 PM
    I would not say it is not a finished product. The issue is more that the software developers just need to get updated to lollipop.
    It is also difficult to contrast the nexus 9 experience to the xperia unless they are both running lollipop
    11-08-2014 11:05 PM
    I've had issues with some apps but maybe the fault is with them - the Android Central app and Tesco (groceries) app have frozen a few times, and iPlayer has sound and video stopping intermittently (no connection issues). The app version of iPlayer is terrible isn't it?
    11-09-2014 04:51 AM
    Hey, if you side download the amazon app store app, you can then download the mobile amazon to your tablet. Then, download the amazon prime video app. It worked on nexus 7 and the galaxy note 10.1. I haven't tried it on the 9 yet.

11-09-2014 10:05 AM
    OK Can someone please help me make sense of all this. This tablet is not working at all. Its very laggy, I try to open youtube and it takes about 4-5 seconds to respond? How is is possible with a processor this big ? Also for widgets with live moving tiles they just freeze? Also wifi issues, drops, battery drains very slow. charges take at least 7 hours.

Apps issues? Show box doesn't work . screen mirror cast to choromecast doesnt work. XMBC players doesnt work, can't install flash adobe plugin for fire fox beta. I miss my N7 and I am ready to return this thing... Please HELP or am I doing something wrong ?????
    11-09-2014 01:11 PM
    Same here I tried to download [redacted on Nexus 9 and the Apk downloads App opens fine but when trying to play a movie it is giving "Server Error" and nothing plays. And then the tablet is laggy a one to two seconds delay before opening any app, settings or recognizing my touch. Then finally serious backlight bleed on all 4 corners of the screen.
    Totally forgot to add the hollow area where nexus logomis on the back. The tablet squeaks with a little force applied.

Seriously this tablet don't have the feel of a premium product. Google took almost 18 months to launch a next nexus tablet and this is the outcome. I am sorry. I am returning it and I'll wait for lollipop to come for my nexus 7 and use that tablet instead.
    11-09-2014 01:20 PM
    I am a developer and I came across this forum while researching user experience on Lolliflop, specifically owners of the nexus 9 as it's the only device currently sold with Lolliflop.

I created a user account just to respond to this post and to clarify something that you as a user do not seem to be aware of. So lets clear it up! The nexus 9 in terms of hardware alone may be a finished product but taken as a whole, including the operating system, it is far from a finished product. Why? because Loliflop itself is not a finished product. I thought this was obvious due to the delay in rolling Lolliflop out to the previous generation of Nexus devices and the delayed launch of the nexus 6.

You may think that most of the app related issues that you are experiencing are due to developers not updating their apps, but in most cases you would be wrong. The changes to the platform require developers to use a library known as the appcompat library to maintain compatiability between existing os versions and Lolliflop. That library is provided by Google and currently has a lot of bugs. So in an attempt to update and support Lolliflop as well as providing new features to older os versions, what ends up happening is that the apps in question will fail.......crash, due to bugs in the library.

Some of these problems can be resolved by developers but not all of them and the remaining problems being left to the platform maintainers to resolve(Google). Unfortunately this problem also effects non Loliflop devices as updating to use the newest compatibility library provided by Google will introduce bugs to existing os versions. You can view the issues yourself
    (I cant post links)
    code.google.com/p/android/issues/list.

The following link;
    (I cant post links)
    code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=78377
    is a link to a very particular issue that was introduced by Samsung on Samsung devices running 4.2.2. I have been following this issue for a while because it is a problem that effects my apps. Read through the comments in the issue and you will be able to get a better idea of what is going on with Lolliflop and keep in mind that it is just one of many issues
    Zorro1 likes this.
    11-09-2014 06:42 PM
    I am a developer and I came across this forum while researching user experience on Lolliflop, specifically owners of the nexus 9 as it's the only device currently sold with Lolliflop.

I created a user account just to respond to this post and to clarify something that you as a user do not seem to be aware of. So lets clear it up! The nexus 9 in terms of hardware alone may be a finished product but taken as a whole, including the operating system, it is far from a finished product. Why? because Loliflop itself is not a finished product. I thought this was obvious due to the delay in rolling Lolliflop out to the previous generation of Nexus devices and the delayed launch of the nexus 6.

You may think that most of the app related issues that you are experiencing are due to developers not updating their apps, but in most cases you would be wrong. The changes to the platform require developers to use a library known as the appcompat library to maintain compatiability between existing os versions and Lolliflop. That library is provided by Google and currently has a lot of bugs. So in an attempt to update and support Lolliflop as well as providing new features to older os versions, what ends up happening is that the apps in question will fail.......crash, due to bugs in the library.

Some of these problems can be resolved by developers but not all of them and the remaining problems being left to the platform maintainers to resolve(Google). Unfortunately this problem also effects non Loliflop devices as updating to use the newest compatibility library provided by Google will introduce bugs to existing os versions. You can view the issues yourself
    (I cant post links)
    code.google.com/p/android/issues/list.

The following link;
    (I cant post links)
    code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=78377
    is a link to a very particular issue that was introduced by Samsung on Samsung devices running 4.2.2. I have been following this issue for a while because it is a problem that effects my apps. Read through the comments in the issue and you will be able to get a better idea of what is going on with Lolliflop and keep in mind that it is just one of many issues
    Your post might have been worthwhile had you not decided to use a silly name like Lolliflop, makes you seem immature and I for want don't take immature seriously.

I am sure given a little time the early problems in this new OS will be corrected probably long before my Samsung Tab pro gets it.
    11-10-2014 10:56 PM
    Your post might have been worthwhile had you not decided to use a silly name like Lolliflop, makes you seem immature and I for want don't take immature seriously.

I am sure given a little time the early problems in this new OS will be corrected probably long before my Samsung Tab pro gets it.
    Interesting so you seem to think that the post might have been worthwhile all but for the use of the word Lolliflop. The value of my post is not solely for you to decide but is in fact up to the reader to decide. You seem to feel that you speak for everybody in that regard by stating, "Your post might have been worthwhile" rather than "Your post might have been worthwhile for me." Seems like you place a lot of value into your own opinion but I have not seen anything but opinion in your 146 posts, where are the facts and information in those posts? Do you really think that your reply to my post adds any value? or shows maturity yourself?

To disregard the information in the post because of a word play that conveys what the newest OS version is (opinion) in comparison to previous versions is a clearer indication of immaturity than what you have accused me of.

Maturity brings an understanding that we all communicate in different manners and allows us to filter out irrelevant information to pick up on key points. The only thing that you have done in your reply is to try and take away an from an informative message that I decided to share with users. You have blind hope (that is not backed up by any historical fact) that problems will be probably be corrected by the time Lollipop is ready for your galaxy tab. And that is a very good indication of your lack of knowledge as a user and the reason why large companies can get away with doing what they do.

There are multiple problems dating back years that still affect the latest platforms and in my post I provided a link that describes an issue that dates back to early 2013 which effects all current versions of Android and that has had a huge impact on lollipop support. The problem is Samsung specific with Samsung being aware of the issue and turning a blind eye to it. The same kind of issues are likely to occur once again, but I doubt you have the capacity to understand why. where is there any evidence to back up your statement "I am sure given a little time the early problems in this new OS will be corrected probably long before my Samsung Tab pro gets it."

Another link, demonstrates how Samsung deal with issues related to defects.
    developer.samsung.com/forum/board/thread/view.do?boardName=General&messageId=248142
    If you don't understand what is being talked about in the link above. I'll summarise, Samsung don't care because consumers keep buying their products not knowing where the real problems stem from.

My post was immature, really? interesting I would have described it more as informative.........LOLLIFLOP there now this post is immature too right?
    11-11-2014 04:03 PM
    I thought Lolliflop was pretty clever.
    AppsolutelyMAD likes this.
    11-12-2014 02:07 PM
    Looks like Netflix doesn't support 1080p with Lollipop 5.0?
    11-12-2014 03:16 PM
    Only issue I have is after getting in and out of apps, after a bit I have to hit the recent apps button and X out of apps to open more. I might load up battery doctor or something to do it automatically to see how that goes. Otherwise, awesome tablet, very few app incompatibilities, and most were updated within days.
    11-12-2014 05:30 PM
    I received the system update for the Nexus 9 just a few minutes ago. The update started as expected --- but then failed (Android laying on its side with a red "error" message above it). I'm still stuck on the 5.0 (LRX21L) version rather than the 5.0 (LRX21Q). The system update notification is now gone and I can't give it another try. Has anyone else experienced this?
    11-12-2014 06:45 PM
    Usually when someone starts a post with look at me I am a big shot developer and know it all ...... they don't.
    I appreciate what you are saying in your message and even agree with the gist of it, just a word that is not a great way to introduce yourself to the forum.
    11-12-2014 09:00 PM
    I received the system update for the Nexus 9 just a few minutes ago. The update started as expected --- but then failed (Android laying on its side with a red "error" message above it). I'm still stuck on the 5.0 (LRX21L) version rather than the 5.0 (LRX21Q). The system update notification is now gone and I can't give it another try. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Have you tried doing a manual update through settings? right at the end of the list - could be under status / update - i would have to check for sure
    11-12-2014 09:02 PM
    I'm very happy with mine, not many if any problems until yesterday. A 37mb update was pushed to the tablet yesterday and so far I've tried installing it 3 times and get an error message every time. It downloads, restarts to install and then seconds later I see an android with a red triangle and ! And it just says "Error!"
    11-13-2014 08:23 AM

I didn't see your post before I replied, I'm having the same problem, glad I'm not alone. Called google last night and the guy had no idea what to do
    11-13-2014 08:24 AM
    I'm having that problem too. I've tried it 4 times with the same results. I'm assuming it's not a problem for all Nexus 9s, or there'd be more threads about it in the forums.
    11-13-2014 08:52 AM
91 1234