Nexus 9 : Bugs, problems, gremlins, fixes and more...

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Since people are starting to get these in their hands I'm sure there will be some things to talk about. Found a bug, problem, gremlin or have a fix? This is the place to talk about it.

ckeathley

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I'll move it here but is seems like my wifi is kind of wonky. Lots of network errors. Can't even complete a speed test. Anybody else get this?

jspring86

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
My wi-fi has been good, but as many have said the battery life is not so great and it takes forever to charge fully. Also, several of my go-to productivity apps won't even open, mainly Moon Reader Pro which I use for PDF work.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I use cool reader as my ereader and it doesn't remember where I left in fact it doesn't remember what book I was reading. Worked fine with kit kat. Hate to lose that app as it is full of great features.

Google reader works fine but am not that familiar with it. I like to just sideload books into a books directory and load from there but I guess with Google reader you have to upload them to use them.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Also, several of my go-to productivity apps won't even open, mainly Moon Reader Pro which I use for PDF work.

I use cool reader as my ereader and it doesn't remember where I left in fact it doesn't remember what book I was reading. Worked fine with kit kat. Hate to lose that app as it is full of great features.

Again I think were looking at some devs that need to update their apps. This always happens with every major OS update. Shame too because Google did remind the developer community to get their apps updated with the new API's and such in preparation for Android 5.0

jsabo

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Marvel Unlimited crashes during their fancy startup-screen every time so far. Annoying, as that's been my most-used app recently.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
So I think I have pretty significant light bleed going on. I'm not sure if its just my unit or if its par for the course with anyone else.

Anyone else have it this bad? I'm thinking about getting an exchange if this is out of the norm.

I have the 32 GB White from the Play Store.
MFKvBwt.jpg

flattie

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
One small bug I've noticed on mine:

Google Play Music is unable to play any of my music when accessed via the Play widget (the album art one which collates all your Play Store content).

I have to force close the app from the settings menu to regain control over my music.

Other widgets and accessing via the app icon cause no issue.

Sammy_C

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
The Sky Go Tablet App says that it won't work properly with 5.0 but you can sign up for a Beta test. As already mentioned its a case of developers getting their apps/games updates (also seen of FF1 that they need to update and are working on it so pretty common at the moment).

Battery wise not far enough in but I'd recommend a full charge then a full discharge on all new Nexus 9's before testing battery life.

Gets fairly warm playing Hail to the King: Deathbat but nothing out of the ordinary, still more than comfortable.

Basically nothing major yet, great tablet!

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Not getting notifications for Yahoo mail but it does download my mail. Checked and notification settings are okay.

Rastor

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I am having some app compatibility issues. Gangstar Rio and GTA Vice City won't play at all. Has anyone tried one of those on their Nexus 9 and can confirm they aren't working?

FormerTexan

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I must have gotten a DOA unit, mine is stuck on "Downloading Update" and I haven't been able to get past this screen. Took it into Best Buy and they couldn't even get it to connect to their network (one of the geeks said it's a known prob with Lollipop). They finially found a network it would connect to and it wouldn't download there either. I can arrow back to the previous screen but it just sits on the "Downloading Update" screen for hours doing nothing. I guess it's going to stay at Best Buy....

brandonr416

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
OK Can someone please help me make sense of all this. This tablet is not working at all. Its very laggy, I try to open youtube and it takes about 4-5 seconds to respond? How is is possible with a processor this big ? Also for widgets with live moving tiles they just freeze? Also wifi issues, drops, battery drains very slow. charges take at least 7 hours.

Apps issues? Show box doesn't work . screen mirror cast to choromecast doesnt work. XMBC players doesnt work, can't install flash adobe plugin for fire fox beta. I miss my N7 and I am ready to return this thing... Please HELP or am I doing something wrong ?????

flippedout

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The one issue I have experience so far is Wi-Fi drops. Oddly though this only happens at work. Home has been rock solid (knocks on wood).

An interesting note: while the OS is super fast and smooth, I have noticed many of the Google apps are choppy. Guess they have some tweaking to do because this tablet should be able to handle anything thrown at it.

Posted via the Android Central App

FormerTexan

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Any amimations on the screen while downloading? Any arrows up down on the Wifi symbol? Anything? Mine just sits there with nothing moving, no indication it's doing anyting... I've waited hours... thanks for the post!

Rastor

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Arrows for data transmit/receive are gone in 5.0 Lollipop.

My memory is that there was a bar that filled for downloading the update, but for me the process went quickly -- so quickly I don't really remember.

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I saw a very thin yellow progress bar when downloading the update. But set against the white and light blue, not terribly noticeable. Thought at the time they could have made it a bit more obvious, someone with vision issues could easily have missed it.

I did see a bit of lag on mine when it went into battery saver mode last night, but not before. Otherwise very smooth and fast so far.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Matt Sherman

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
The one issue I have experience so far is Wi-Fi drops. Oddly though this only happens at work. Home has been rock solid (knocks on wood).

An interesting note: while the OS is super fast and smooth, I have noticed many of the Google apps are choppy. Guess they have some tweaking to do because this tablet should be able to handle anything thrown at it.

Posted via the Android Central App

I have been having a lot of WiFi issues on mine. It will occasionally loose WiFi connection when I'm sitting in my room. I have all kinds of other devices in my room that don't loose connection. As soon as I walk towards my router it picks up the signal. The router is standard issue relatively new by my local ISP. Have you figured anything out about this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol