So.. I'm returning my N9

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
i have the Tab S and can tell you ONE THING it screams is "quality, premium, i'm worth every penny you paid for me" every single time you hold it, turn it on etc! Everytime i pick it up that razr thin 6+mm tab, i am like, "hot damn you are thin, girl!" I actually bought the one with the phone (P705) for $579.99 and can STILL make the above statement! When i saw Pocketnow's quick unboxing for the N9 i was like this is a $299.00 tablet AT BEST!

I'm just not understanding the price jump Google is charging for the N9 or N6, for that matter. Double the price of last year... I just don't get it, but then, i haven't understood much that has been going on @ Google for a coupla years now, their decision making process on so many fronts has just confounded me ever since they decided to shy away from the logo of the lil green guy that brought them to where they are today.... Its just not the same having the Google Play logo pissing on Apple...lol BTC

nupicasso

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious about the lag some people are experiencing? Like with what apps? I'm betting it's apps that aren't optimized for lollipop and ART yet. A lot of people are all up in arms about it. Wouldn't be surprised if it's just compatibility.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I was really close to getting this tablet from Amazon. I changed my mind because I'm holding out for the LTE model. Now I'm not totally sure. I have the 2013 Nexus 7 LTE model and a Ipad Air and have been very satisfied with both tablets. I was thinking about getting the Nexus 9 LTE model and replace both tablets but I may hang on to both for a little while more. I really wanted to see Android 5.0 but if the Nexus 7 will be updated soon, that may be better for me.

Anoles

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
oh no lightbleed! here we go again. another nexus 7 like fiasco.:(:eek::'(

Between two original 7s, and one 2013 edition, I have never seen light bleeding or screen lifting on a 7. The Nexus 10, though? Don't get me started. I returned enough 10s to generate a black market in some part of the world. The one I settled with still has noticeable bleed in the bottom-right corner.

scottfish

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I was one who called people punks for the N7 light bleed whining.

My Nexus 9 showed up today and first thing I noticed was a wobbly charging port.

Then I turned it on. I am not sure this amount of light bleed is acceptable.

***edit***
After use this thing for an hour or so, I want to love it. Lollipop really is awesome and the size is perfect. the processor really does make things peppy as hell.

Now that I am playing with it more, it is super warm on the camera corner.

Lollipop is amazing so far, and I love the haptic feedback on this thing.

I am definitely concerned about build quality though. I am not really sure any of this is really return worthy though. The next couple of days worth of use will tell the tale.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 2793.jpg
    2793.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 196
  • 2792.jpg
    2792.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a shield and a N9, I'm supposed to return one to Amazon. I feel like the better value is the shield....

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
You guys are worrying me. I still don't know if I even need this thing. Not sure if will try it out and see, or just send it back unopened.

With complaints about the performance, wobbly buttons, poor materials, etc I could put the money to better use on another device.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, I was one who called people punks for the N7 light bleed whining.

My Nexus 9 showed up today and first thing I noticed was a wobbly charging port.

Then I turned it on. I am not sure this amount of light bleed is acceptable.

***edit***
After use this thing for an hour or so, I want to love it. Lollipop really is awesome and the size is perfect. the processor really does make things peppy as hell.

Now that I am playing with it more, it is super warm on the camera corner.

Lollipop is amazing so far, and I love the haptic feedback on this thing.

I am definitely concerned about build quality though. I am not really sure any of this is really return worthy though. The next couple of days worth of use will tell the tale.

I couldnt handle that light bleed at all, thats worse than mine.

Mine also got hot very quickly around the camera. then it started to not so much lag but more hesitate when app switching and pressing the home, a bit like touchwiz.

The way i view the Nexus 9 is...... if it came with Kitkat then it would be seen as a bit of a poor tablet but the fact it comes with 5.0 then thats its saving grace.

It`s the software thats king here and not the tablet and that why i returned mine. its like Google are charging a premium for 5.0 by installing it on a sub par tablet.

Also a couple of people are going to frown at me here but better in hand experience with build quality you can get are the Kindle HDX line, The LG G Pad 8.3, Sony Z tablets, id even go so far to say Samsungs Tab Pro feels better in hand

SwiftHax

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I thought the same about the N9 being more about Android L than the tablet itself, but come to think of it, isn't this how Google has always been?

Samsung Tab 8.4 is a ******* joke. I had the chance to mess around with one and I was disgusted, TouchWiz made it lag, it felt like I was using some old tablet back from 2011 which can barely keep up with the 4.4 Android.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I thought the same about the N9 being more about Android L than the tablet itself, but come to think of it, isn't this how Google has always been?

Samsung Tab 8.4 is a ******* joke. I had the chance to mess around with one and I was disgusted, TouchWiz made it lag, it felt like I was using some old tablet back from 2011 which can barely keep up with the 4.4 Android.

Yeah its is how Google have always been but.... the hardware isnt usually $479 32gb, thats the main issue for me, it would be a good $349 32gb tablet and an excellent $300 tablet

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Google is very much a like a college instead of a company. You can see it when you go to their campus and compare it to Apple's. Google is fun and light and willing to try anything. If it does not work, well hopeful we learned something. Apple is much more planned. There are hoops to get through. Everyone needs to be focused and buy into the vision.

The difference to some degree makes it way to hardware and especially software. Goggle views each version of the Android as a better than the previous and as a base to try new and cool things.

Last edited:

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Looks like you can add me to the return list. The top of my display is much brighter. But only for 1/4inch. And it is uniformly brighter across the entire width of the display. I am not sure if it light bleed or a screen defect.

Posted via Android Central App

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
i have the Tab S and can tell you ONE THING it screams is "quality, premium, i'm worth every penny you paid for me" every single time you hold it, turn it on etc! Everytime i pick it up that razr thin 6+mm tab, i am like, "hot damn you are thin, girl!" I actually bought the one with the phone (P705) for $579.99 and can STILL make the above statement! When i saw Pocketnow's quick unboxing for the N9 i was like this is a $299.00 tablet AT BEST!

I'm just not understanding the price jump Google is charging for the N9 or N6, for that matter. Double the price of last year... I just don't get it, but then, i haven't understood much that has been going on @ Google for a coupla years now, their decision making process on so many fronts has just confounded me ever since they decided to shy away from the logo of the lil green guy that brought them to where they are today.... Its just not the same having the Google Play logo pissing on Apple...lol BTC

Never thought I would say it, but Samsung really haw a lot to offer once I disabled the stuff I'll never use and installed GEL. I might have to try the 10.5 again. I keep unintentionally hitting the buttons on the 8.4.

Robert Ratskywatsky

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Never thought I would say it, but Samsung really haw a lot to offer once I disabled the stuff I'll never use and installed GEL. I might have to try the 10.5 again. I keep unintentionally hitting the buttons on the 8.4.

I'm going to check that one out now. I've been wanting a bigger tablet than my (very excellent) N7, and now that the N9 seems to be a disappointment, and I see plenty of complaints about the new Ipad 2 as well, plus I've been very happy with my old Samsung Galaxy 4.2...so then, what is "GEL", and is it hard to install, and were you easily able to get rid of all the stuff you never use (I could never get rid of all of it on my Samsung 4.2 )?

Robert Ratskywatsky

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I know (or think I know) that you can disable the bloatware on Samsungs if not remove it entirely. So if I disable every bloatware I can't remove will that make it run just as fast as if I was able to remove it? I guess so. I guess it will just be taking up some memory space, though. Anyway, thanks for the 10.5 idea. Now to figure out which is which amongst all the Samsung models. I want the best one, the best 10.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams