Either I got very lucky, or all of these reviewers got unlucky (or a bad early batch)

zedz

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
But.... You don't NEED a nexus 9

Posted via the Android Central App

Change the record will you, your experience is everyones! Haven't you got anything else to do?

Zero problems with my Nexus 9 after about 20 hours of use.

Great purchase.

Posted via the AC on Nexus 5 or Nexus 9.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Change the record will you, your experience is everyones! Haven't you got anything else to do?

Zero problems with my Nexus 9 after about 20 hours of use.

Great purchase.

Posted via the AC on Nexus 5 or Nexus 9.

Lol you OK.... Where does it say my experience is everyone's..... As I've said before some people get seriously **** hurt on here protecting there purchase...

Yours works great then that's awesome.. But as said and if you had read enough it seems a lot of us have ones that don't... So deal with it

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
So AE, give us your low down now that you've had your N9 for a few days, compared to your beloved Nvidia...

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
So AE, give us your low down now that you've had your N9 for a few days, compared to your beloved Nvidia...

My N9 got returned lol, I may give it another shot seeing as people are reporting problem free experiences.

I will say 5.0 is great though, really nice OS

djm7541

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
As I've said before some people get seriously **** hurt on here protecting there purchase...

It's just that for some of us that have been reading this forum for a few weeks wonder what your real perspective is. On October 19th you announced in this forum, by starting a new thread, that you had decided to not buy a Nexus 9, but instead, you had bought a Nividia Shield Tablet.

In that thread, writing with a certain amount of strongly worded sentences, you defended your purchase of the Nividia Shield Tablet. It's seemed odd, even then, but whatever.

And now, much more recently, during the last 2 days, you claim to have bought a Nexus 9, which you didn't like and have returned, or soon will be returning.

For those that know your posting history, it's no issue, but for somebody just coming into the forum, they might take you seriously.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Why do people say "claim to have bought" like I didn't really... That is so very annoying.. I've had over 30 phones and over 20 tablets in 18 months. Yes I felt like the shield was better value for money and still do at the moment but like I've said elsewhere when I knew it was 10 minutes away from me I had to have one. I'm an electronics geek, always will be, also have an iPad air, an iPad mini, an iPhone 5s a Mac Mini, a chromebook, and a nexus 7 2013.

So now you can see why I bought it... Only things I can resist temptation on are touchwiz products... Because of touchwiz

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm only new to this forum...and AE seems to be a tad forthright, as am I. Strong opinions help us unveil stuff.

I don't care about comparisons to 5.0 since they'll all have that soon enough. So talk about the hardware differences...and maybe even what you use it for. I'm not a jvideo gamer...I just use a tab at night in front of the TV when I'm too lazy to go downstairs, and when we travel...so I want the weather, maps with gps, good browsing, fb, card games, Pandora, that sort of thing. My old Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is finally beginning to get unhappy. But I've had it 4-5 years, so no complaints.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
1st I also don't play games on my tablet neither, not even on my shield.

I use a tablet a lot like you, media consumption basically, daily tasks and work as I need a bigger screen to read blueprints while on the go as the 5 inch screen on my HTC one doesn't cut it when looking at 20 page PDF files with small details.

So hardware wise the screen on the Nexus 9 is better without a doubt and I also say the aspect ratio is much better at 4:3 even though I hated the thought of android at that ratio when 1st announced I quickly fell in love with it.

Speed wise I was impressed with the 9 the first night, even my Apple employee and fan girl woman was amazed how smooth and fast it was. After a solid days use the 9 started to lag, as if it struggled multi tasking. Some people say this happens with the Shield also so maybe its K1 related but I have not experienced that just like some have not on their 9.

Sound wise they are on a par, the nexus is a little louder but not as full

The aluminum rim on the nexus I found started to kinda dig into my hand after holding in one hand for a while, again the shield can also feel this way but at 8 inches its much more tolerable in one hand ( yeah I know.. That's what she said)

The shield for me was just the better built device, feels much more solid, also has stock android, starts at $300 and performs excellent. Maybe best buy had a bad initial batch, I dunno, they have already got open box 9s for sale on there website so its not only me.

Even though I was skeptical of the 9 and didn't see the value at $479 I still had to see for myself and the 9 just didn't work out, I wish it did as 4:3 is a much better android experience

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Here is where I'm at with the N9..... I have the 16 Gig black back purchased at best buy day 1. Mine does have an issue with the back panel not fitting properly and flexing. It's is kind of annoying. That almost entirely sums up the negative.

The screen is quite nice with zero bleed. The buttons are fine. Lollipop is fantastic. I'm actually really enjoying the tablet. The battery is about what I expected and I anticipate it will improve with an update or two. There have been occasional app issues but overall I feel like L was more ready for rollout than kitkat was. I had concerns that I would be waiting weeks for hbo go and others to be updated. No problems there. The apps I use most frequently are running fine.

I'm going to take a wait and see approach and see how I feel about the flexing after a couple of weeks. I assume it will be even longer until I could actually exchange it and walk out with another one anyway. I wish I got one with no flex but it's possible that I won't even notice after a while.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
So far I'm very impressed with my nexus 9! I really like how the back feels, the screen is sharp and bright, lollipop is fantastic, and so far everything is running smoothly.

Downsides: I saw a small amount of light bleed on one side while waiting for the OS update to finish and like some other posters I think the buttons are too flush.

Overall definitely on the positive side: solid build with no unusual flexing or lag, it feels great in the hand, and my worries after reading some of the negative reviews are a thing of the past.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Just got my unit. I believe have the worse lightbleed I have seen. The very top of the display is uniformly much brighter for exactly 1/4 inch. It almost looks like it was designed to be this way. Unless something changes it is going back. I got 3 minutes use from the device

Posted via Android Central App

Kamin

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I have no "bounce" in the back cover, at least none that I can notice.

I watched Gravity last light in the dark and noticed no significant light-bleed. A tiny bit in one corner that I would never have noticed if someone hadn't said to look for it.

I have only noticed no more heat than I have felt in every device I have owned.

I have had no sluggishness, it is have been the fastest, smoothest device I have owned, including iOS devices.

Unless you prefer metal to soft-touch (I don't) then the build quality and "fit and finish" of my Nexus 9 is the equal of my wife's iPad Air.

What I can say without doubt is that this is the best Android tablet I have used and, because of Lollipop, better than an iPad Air.

Thanks for the post! I am experiencing none of the issues written about in reviews or hyperbolized about in the forums. The power and volume buttons are a bit more recessed than common. Similar to the buttons on the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4. Not enough to whine about frankly.

Scotlac

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
So, I pre-ordered an N9 from the Play Store a couple of weeks ago but then when I found out my local Best Buy had them in stock I cancelled my Play Store order and went to grab one a day early.

Long story short, my Play Store order didn't get sufficiently cancelled and I am now sitting here with two N9's.

Number 1, the tablet from Best Buy is a really solid build. Very little light bleed, no flex in the back panel, prominent volume buttons. However, the battery life is poor and it gets very hot (not warm, HOT) near the camera lens.

Number 2, the one from the Play Store, has very poor build quality. Lots of light bleed, bouncy rear panel, terribly recessed volume buttons but what seems to be much better battery life and no perceivable overheating issues.

Don't get me wrong, overall I absolutely love this tablet and I plan on sticking with it, but I can tell you that pretty much all of the issues people are complaining about are real and sitting right here in front of me between these two tablets.

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking aboutt buying one from the Play Store under the premise that those might be less issue-prone. Not sure what to do now. My local BB's dont have any in stock.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Why do people say "claim to have bought" like I didn't really... That is so very annoying.. I've had over 30 phones and over 20 tablets in 18 months. Yes I felt like the shield was better value for money and still do at the moment but like I've said elsewhere when I knew it was 10 minutes away from me I had to have one. I'm an electronics geek, always will be, also have an iPad air, an iPad mini, an iPhone 5s a Mac Mini, a chromebook, and a nexus 7 2013.

So now you can see why I bought it... Only things I can resist temptation on are touchwiz products... Because of touchwiz

Didn't you buy the Samsung galaxy tab pro 8.4 and then return it for the 10 inch model back in February?

pappabas

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Why are some people who have gotten good ones automatically assuming that people who are not content are just whining?
First there is an individual tolerance and in that respect it is good to have some different impressions both good and bad. However do not assume your level of tolerance is the standard. We are all different.
Second there seems to be quite a bit of variablity in quality which in itself is an indicator of a untuned/not ready-manufacturing process.
Which of these two factors strongest influences a persons impressions is hard to deduce. Just be aware that it exists and please stop insulting people who have a different experience than yourself.

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I think part of it is just getting something as soon as released. So I absolutely believe that there are issues with some of them that are pretty bad! Buying the first tablets off the line is generally chancier than sitting back for a few months to wait out early build issue problems.

I've been lucky with my Nexus 9 Play Store purchase so far, it does have a tiny bit of light bleed and an area that creaks slightly on the back if poked at, but they are minor. I'm *very* pleased with the performance of the device. If anything further develops, it can always go back to the Play Store for an exchange.

But I also remember the Nexus 7 releases, both were full of issues. Screen lift on the 2012 version, touch issues on the 2013. Lots of people having serious problems with their purchases in terms of function! I got what seemed to be a fine 2013 Nexus 7 via pre-order, but within a month, it failed to boot past the "X". The second one from the Play Store was as good as the first and I had no further issues. Sheer luck though!

On the 2012 release, I waited it out before buying one for my husband and it was perfect and he still uses and loves it, though he also has a 2013 version. His 2013 version was also bought several months after the release. He wants a Nexus 9 for Xmas, but when I offered to let him have it early, he said he was content to wait. Smart, that man!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar