Nexus 9: Anyone with a recently bought model having issues?

SwiftHax

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Really tempted to pick one up, but I don't want to get into this exchange rollercoaster, anyone here having problems with a model they got very recent (this week/last weekend)

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone with a recently bought model having issues?

They are all recently bought from the first few batches. I would not expect new batches for a month or so.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Mine is solid, with none of the issues that the reviewers seemed to be complaining about.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I purchased the white 32 last week from the play store and don't have any of the reviewers issues. So far it's been very fast and reliable just waiting all the applications to be updated to work properly and that's just a few for me.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

I checked out an n9 in best buy the other day and wasn't too impressed. I liked the 4:3 aspect ratio (good for web browsing which is what i do most on my tablet)but did notice the give on back (really wasn't a big deal to be honest). Also want impressed by the sharpness of the screen at all. Overall for the money they're asking for this device it should be built a little better on my opinion.

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Mine came a few hours ago. Loading it up now and wondering why the back isn't hot, has a soft spot or flex, why the battery isn't draining quickly, etc. Did I just luck out and get a good one?

Posted via the Android Central App

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site

I picked up a black 32GB at Best Buy during their promo and I couldn't be happier. I don't notice any give one the back. Yes I have light bleed , but I had to take into a dark room to even notice and honestly, my old N7 probably had it too. Battery life seems good, especially when idling overnight. My only complaint about the back is that it is a serious fingerprint magnet. The struggle is real!

zedz

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm into my 8th day of ownership and have had no issues at all. Am very happy with my Nexus 9.

Last edited:

bnice

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

I checked out an n9 in best buy the other day and wasn't too impressed. I liked the 4:3 aspect ratio (good for web browsing which is what i do most on my tablet)but did notice the give on back (really wasn't a big deal to be honest). Also want impressed by the sharpness of the screen at all. Overall for the money they're asking for this device it should be built a little better on my opinion.

So you don't own or haven't bought the device recently? (See OP)

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

Checked out display model/purchased it, the same tablet either way. Your point is?

Titan206

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Checked out display model/purchased it, the same tablet either way. Your point is?
I think the point is that the OP is looking for opinions from folks that actually own the device. Checking out the display model may be a little different than owning the device.

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

But oh! That toot took all night to charge! I didn't use the charger that came in the box, so maybe that makes a difference? Anyway, slow charging will be a work around issue, not a deal breaker.

volpo

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

I've had mine (Black 32gb) for about a week now. No flex in the back, I haven't noticed any light leaks. It's fast and using it with an AC router makes it feel like a desktop.

Just wondering if it's just my combination of programs and usage pattern but I'm just getting five hours of battery time. Has anyone else seen better? If you what are you doing that I am not?

Thanks,

V

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Not only was it solid out of the box, it seems to be getting faster the more I use it. This (according to one source) may be due to ART.

After one week, easily the best tablet I have ever used.

SwiftHax

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Awesome to hear it, just checked an iPad I've been using until I get something to replace and it did have some light bleed as well, but I never noticed it, all the time I've spent watching videos, shows and movies, never noticed it, guess light bleed won't be a problem as long as it's not not something major.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

But oh! That toot took all night to charge! I didn't use the charger that came in the box, so maybe that makes a difference? Anyway, slow charging will be a work around issue, not a deal breaker.

Not using the charger that came with the device will likely have a negative effect on charge time. Take a look at the one that came with the unit and see how many amps it outputs. A phone charger is around 0.5 Amps. I suspect, mine is at home, the one that came with the Nexus 9 is around 1.3-1.5 Amps, and therefore pushing 2.5 to 3 times as much current as a phone charger. If you think of current as water in the shower you get an idea of the difference.

xDonJuanx

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Have had mine since November 5th and it's awesome. No flex, no lag, etc. I have the white 32 GB btw

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I think the point is that the OP is looking for opinions from folks that actually own the device. Checking out the display model may be a little different than owning the device.

Ok so edit my post to say I purchased the device instead of just checked it out. I would have posted the same thing as the device I checked out on display is the exact one that is for sale.
Point is I got a good idea of the build/screen quality of the device by looking at it.

bnice

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

My point is a display model is not the best for review. The op also wanted information on recent purchase unit that you never addressed.

bnice

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Not everyone is having a issue. Maybe the op is trying to see if a new batch of units correct the problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084