Are They Dropping The Ball with the Nexus 9 on Black Friday?

roninmedia

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Google released the Nexus 9 in early November, right in line with the holiday shopping season. As with that release date, the N9 places itself as a potential Christmas gift. However up to now, there have not been any advertisements by retailers for a discount on Black Friday. That can become an issue as consumers looking to purchase for themselves or as gifts and will look towards alternatives and competitors.

Let's examine Best Buy since they seem to be the only brick-and-mortar retailer with the N9 in stock and what they have for the competitors
  • 16 GB iPad Air 2 - $399
  • 64 GB iPad Air 2 - $499
  • 16 GB Samsung Tab S 10.5 (Titanium Bronze) - $399
  • 16 GB Nexus 9 - $399
  • 32 GB Nexus 9 - $479

That places all 16GB models from their two big rivals at the same price which means most consumers will choose them, in my opinion. While the Nexus 9 is a new device, the iPad released around the same time period has BF discounts.

Last edited:

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't hold your breath for a significant black friday discount. May be the Tab S. For the iPad I can see them offering 20-$50 off depending on the model (haven't see a big discount on new apple products in general yet alone on a black friday)

A logical promo would be to throw in a Google play gift card of at least $20 with a purchase.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't hold your breath for a significant black friday discount. May be the Tab S. For the iPad I can see them offering 20-$50 off depending on the model (haven't see a big discount on new apple products in general yet alone on a black friday)

A logical promo would be to throw in a Google play gift card of at least $20 with a purchase.

All iPad air 2`s at Bestbuy will be $100 off as per there ad

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site

Target is offering a $140 gift card with the purchase of an iPad Air 2.

Apple iPad Air 2 16GB (Silver) w/ $140 Gift Card for $499.00 at Target

littleemp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The whole point of Black Friday deals is to get people through the door, so they can spend even more money on things they don't need. Apple and Samsung devices will get regular people in the store, Nexus devices will only get more tech-oriented/android purists who are probably only there to buy that one device and leave.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty