Bought a Nexus 9.. returned it, got a surface pro 3, Tab S & an ipad air 2. Now buying N9 again lol

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I got a N9 the 1st day and than didn't really like the lag in places where it should've not been. Than got a surface pro 3, it was a nice device but wasn't for me and couldn't see myself using it all the time plus the text/icons were just too small. Than I just got the iPad air 2 and the IOS just is horrible and not fluid compared to Android plus to vibration speaker problem was ridiculous. That's why I've never owned an apple product mainly because of the software. I've also owned the Tab S but don't like capacitive buttons and touchwiz so that didn't work out either. Now all in all I think I'm gonna go buy another Nexus 9 tomorrow and just wait for an update on the build number or lollipop for the N9. There is no other high end tablets out there really. When do you think an update will come or do you have any suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App

jspring86

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Bought a Nexus 9.. returned it, got a surface pro 3, Tab S & an ipad air 2. Now buying N9 again

There is already an updated build that Google pushed with other factory images today. You can flash it as soon as you want.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Bought a Nexus 9.. returned it, got a surface pro 3, Tab S & an ipad air 2. Now buying N9 again

Sounds to me like you're a tech geek who has an unquenchable lust for toys. Although I can't answer your question, I do find value in your experience thus far. Good luck either way.

Posted via the Android Central App

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I'm thinking about selling my Air 2 as well and grabbing another N9. I have an addiction!

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm thinking about selling my Air 2 as well and grabbing another N9. I have an addiction!

You and me both lol

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

There is already an updated build that Google pushed with other factory images today. You can flash it as soon as you want.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

What were the fixes?

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site

You and me both lol

Got kinda lucky. BB had an Open Box 32GB for $430. Minus a certificate I had, I was able to get it for close to the price of 16GB model after taxes. Now to force myself to put the Air 2 on Swappa. May just end of keeping all of my tablets and call it an early Christmas present!

fm123

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

What are you using the tablet for? Nvidia Shield tablet is the only other interesting Android tablet, IMHO, unless you need a bigger screen. They just offered Android "green box" games and more Grid based games. It's getting lollipop soon.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

What are you using the tablet for? Nvidia Shield tablet is the only other interesting Android tablet, IMHO, unless you need a bigger screen. They just offered Android "green box" games and more Grid based games. It's getting lollipop soon.

I'm a photographer, I use it to show off my photos and videos mainly so I need a excellent screen. But I also use it as a second computer for basic Web browsing, Pandora, emails, etc. I just got another N9 yesterday but it has some major light bleed issues. However my 1st N9 didn't, but I'm going to take back the one I bought yesterday and just wait for the 2nd or 3rd batches of N9 to come.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I'm a photographer, I use it to show off my photos and videos mainly so I need a excellent screen. But I also use it as a second computer for basic Web browsing, Pandora, emails, etc. I just got another N9 yesterday but it has some major light bleed issues. However my 1st N9 didn't, but I'm going to take back the one I bought yesterday and just wait for the 2nd or 3rd batches of N9 to come.

Sounds like you need two devices.:eek: One 4:3 for still photography and one 16:9 for video.

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I bought the N9 it was great but got very hot and just a bit too small after an I pad. I just bought a galaxy tab s 10.5 3 days ago, I think it's the best tablet I have ever owned. Not missing lollipop yet but it was nice to use.

Movies look so much better also!

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I bought the N9 it was great but got very hot and just a bit too small after an I pad. I just bought a galaxy tab s 10.5 3 days ago, I think it's the best tablet I have ever owned. Not missing lollipop yet but it was nice to use.

The Snapdragon 10.5 on Verizon is best. Extremely smooth.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

It was probably getting hot while it was pulling down all of your applications, running them for the 1st time, etc. I bet after an hour or so it cooled off. Mine and others did the same thing. In general I find the Nexus 9 runs relatively cool. But I don't game.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I've owned the tab s as well. And ya it was a great tablet but touchwiz, the capacitive buttons and lack of updates is what I disliked. If it was almost pure android, it would be one of the best tablets ever made.

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site

It was probably getting hot while it was pulling down all of your applications, running them for the 1st time, etc. I bet after an hour or so it cooled off. Mine and others did the same thing. In general I find the Nexus 9 runs relatively cool. But I don't game.

I kept it for 5 days. Was hot a lot of the time.

Posted from my S5 via the Android Central App

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site

I've owned the tab s as well. And ya it was a great tablet but touchwiz, the capacitive buttons and lack of updates is what I disliked. If it was almost pure android, it would be one of the best tablets ever made.

I know what you mean, I have an S5 so used to it, I also used nova launcher on both with a lot of customisation options on so don't notice any touch wiz lag.

Robert Ratskywatsky

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

That's the tablet I want to get now, the Tab S 10.5, but I'm thinking of waiting until the next update. Samsung updates a lot. Do you think they might do so before Christmas? Meanwhile I've still got my good old N7 '13.

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site

That's the tablet I want to get now, the Tab S 10.5, but I'm thinking of waiting until the next update. Samsung updates a lot. Do you think they might do so before Christmas? Meanwhile I've still got my good old N7 '13.

I'd guess the tab S will be updated after the S6 phone comes out which should be April / May, so maybe early summer say July? All guess work of course lol.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

I doubt it will be updated this year. That would be excessive even by Samsung's standards.