I bought a black N9 today but it has really bad light bleed. A common problem for a lot of of people I've noticed. I'm gonna return it and was gonna get a white one instead of the black again. The question I have is how long do you I think it will stay white? I just thought it might get dirty or create smudges over time with hands, surfaces, etc. I was even considering the sand color but who knows when that's going to come out.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-14-2014 02:56 AM
    NO NO NO , MY NEXUS9 ARE white i got few orange spot already i wish i choose gold or black
    11-14-2014 06:03 AM
    all you need is 2 days
    11-14-2014 06:05 AM
    It's all going to come down to what you have on your hands when handling your N9 and how often you clean it. I'm sure there are some things like paint that will stain and become irremovable if you get them on your device and the white version will have more of a chance to have these issues.

My last 2 phones were light in color and would be comparable to the white N9, I had both phones close to a year each and have never had anything that couldn't be wiped off with a damp cloth. I've had my N9 just over week and haven't cleaned it yet and it looks brand new. I'm not worried about mine and just to be safe mine will be going into one of these http://shop.portenzo.com/alano-colle...7-and-nexus-9/.
    11-14-2014 09:25 AM
    I own an N5 in black and an N9 in white. The material is not the same between the 2 colors, and I feel that the black is actually far worse for acquiring fingerprints and smudges, which appears to be the cost for being more soft-touch and grippy. The white is slightly smoother and more slick, but doesn't retain the natural oily residue from your hand. That's not to say that you should eat Cheetos and then immediately grab your tablet, but under normal usage I'm not too worried about it.
    11-14-2014 10:45 AM
    I got the black, mainly because I wanted the metal frame to be black and non-distracting. Mine is in a case, so no "fingerprint magnet" issues here. However, before the case arrived it definitely showed fingerprints. And in every case, they cleaned up easily with soft towel, slightly dampened and a tiny drop of Dawn.

It's plastic, so yes, it can stain, but if you are careful it probably won't be a problem. If worried or don't want to be careful, get the black. Or use a case.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
    11-14-2014 12:52 PM
    Thanks for all the responses, I'm gonna stick with black. I'm even thinking about the nvidia shield now...

Posted via Android Central App
    11-14-2014 02:27 PM
    I would have told you my experience has been the back stays markup free. But after Thursday and Friday morning commutes the back of the tablet was dirty from grime my hands picked up from the subway hold bars. But it wiped off cleanly.
    11-15-2014 09:21 AM
    "Will the white N9 get dirty over time?"

Yes. Next question.
    11-15-2014 08:52 PM