First off, this is not in anyway meant to be a thread crap.

Last year, I bought the Nexus 7 because it was Verizon compatible. Historically, those on Verizon don't always have the same Nexus opportunities as those on other carriers.

I loved the Nexus 7 (2013) LTE model and, even though it had a couple warranty related issues, Asus repaired everything and now it'll easily be good for another year or more.

Still, I was really thinking about getting the Nexus 9, since I knew it was compatible on Verizon and offered a nice upgrade when compared to the Nexus 7 hardware.

However, I never thought Verizon would be getting a Nexus 6.

Thanks to TMO I was able to finance for 0.00% down and, after only using a few hours, it is everything I hoped it would be and more.

If I ditch TMO, this will be sticking with me on Big Red and vice versa. It's a big phone, but smaller than a Nexus 7, while still offering the advantages of more screen real estate,

At this point, I am still thinking about the Nexus 9, but am worried about possible redundancy.
    I have 64 GB of storage on my Nexus 6 and it plays music and movies very nicely.

Of course, having HTC Boom Sound would've been nice too.

To those that may own both the Nexus 6 and Nexus 9, or are thinking about getting both, do you have any opinions or advice for my situation?

If I got the Nexus 9, I'd spend the extra $150 for more storage and LTE connectivity, since those are beneficial for me. However, my Nexus 6 already offers those.

I can definitely see the benefits to owning a Nexus 4/5 and a Nexus 9, but the Nexus 6 is a big phone with a great screen that also offers the benefits of a small tablet. I don't know if I really want a 9" tablet, even though the price is justified.
    11-23-2014 01:11 AM
    I was in the same boat as you. I had the N5/7 combo and didn't use the N7 all that much outside of travel. I decided to buy the N9 on launch day, figuring I could always return it if it became redundant. There is, of course, going to be some redundancy. But, since I received the N6 last week, the devices have served two separate purposes.

I used to make tablets larger versions of my phones, setting them up in a very similar matter. The key is to set each device up for separate tasks. The N9 is specifically for fun: games, social media and reading (and some light typing, like right now). The N6 serves its obvious purpose. For me, that has reduced and nearly eliminated the redundancy of the two devices.

The N6 is a large phone, no question. But, having just landed, I can honestly say the N9 is just about the perfect size for viewing movies on the go.

Sticking to the setup I have, has enabled me to use each device for separate purposes thereby rendering each device useful. I love both devices and am glad they're in my bag.

My advice is to buy an N9 and start using it alongside the N6. If, after a couple of weeks, you find the N9 to be too redundant for your purposes, you can always return it and know you made the right choice.
    diesteldorf likes this.
    11-23-2014 08:28 PM
    Quick question, it's only $150 to upgrade from 16gb to 32gb and LTE.

For Canada its $220

I agree with the last post get one when you know you're going to spend a good amount of time with it and if you find it not to your liking, return.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-24-2014 10:22 PM
    I have a 2014 Moto X and frequently use a Nexus 7 on the go. The jump to my Nexus 9 (for around the house reading/gaming) is not redundant. I've been using my Nexus 10 less and less since I got the Nexus 9, but my 2.5 year old daughter still uses it a lot to read books/play games.

My wife has a Nexus 6, and I would think the jump to the Nexus 7 would be a little redundant, but it's hard to argue with the battery life on the Nexus 7. Also, you could burn up the battery on the Nexus 7 and not really care vs burning up the battery on your phone. The jump to the Nexus 9 from the Nexus 6 is appropriate, not only in sheer size, but in form factor differences.

I think they all kind of have their niches, but the biggest overlap would be between the Nexus 6 and 7.
    11-25-2014 08:56 AM
    Quick question, it's only $150 to upgrade from 16gb to 32gb and LTE.

For Canada its $220

I agree with the last post get one when you know you're going to spend a good amount of time with it and if you find it not to your liking, return.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Actually, looks like i was wrong....

16 GB Wifi shows $399 and LTE 32 GB shows $599

nexus 9 - Best Buy
    11-25-2014 11:47 AM