I finally have a Nexus 9 with no flaws.... thank god, White seems better than the black

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought one of the amazon warehouse deals that came with an extra 20% off meaning I only paid $306 for a like new white N9, I figured at $300 you really cannot go wrong and with Amazon's amazing customer service it was a no brained.

No light bleed, no squishy buttons and no bounce back on the rear panel.

One thing I will say is the white N9 actually feels more premium in hand than the black one. It sounds stupid but this one just feels more solid and looks better also with the chrome band. I also prefer the rear panel on this over the black as it feels like its a thicker material and feels better to touch also.

So there you have it, I was pretty critical about my first couple of N9's and they did have glaring issues. This complements my shield tablet nicely and at $300 for the 32 GB I'm even happier

Posted via the Android Central App

AFPoster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I bought one of the amazon warehouse deals that came with an extra 20% off meaning I only paid $306 for a like new white N9, I figured at $300 you really cannot go wrong and with Amazon's amazing customer service it was a no brained.

One thing I will say is the white N9 actually feels more premium in hand than the black one. It sounds stupid but this one just feels more solid and looks better also with the chrome band. I also prefer the rear panel on this over the black as it feels like its a thicker material and feels better to touch also.

So there you have it, I was pretty critical about my first couple of N9's and they did have glaring issues. This complements my shield tablet nicely and at $300 for the 32 GB I'm even happier

I own a white one and have never experienced any issues. Only complaint is the power button is flush with the device, very difficult to click. With the one you just picked up did they fix that? I was told the latest shipments had corrected this.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I own a white one and have never experienced any issues. Only complaint is the power button is flush with the device, very difficult to click. With the one you just picked up did they fix that? I was told the latest shipments had corrected this.
My power button doesn't stick way out but it isn't flush. The only thing I use it for its too take screenshots since I have a cover that turns the screen on and off and also use a launcher that lets me turn it off by triple tapping in the screen.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk.

Lok52

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I am thinking of purchasing one, but I am concerned about the build quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a black 32 gig, wifi Saturday from Best Buy. Only one they had, no issues at all with it.

Posted via Android Central App

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

Angry English, you're making me want to send my tablet back to Amazon to "hopefully" get one that is flawless. I'm hesitant to do so since the only problem I'm experiencing is light bleed.

J

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
The first one I had from amazon wouldn't turn on, it had flush buttons and squishy back. The replacement came and it was different, with nicer buttons and less squishy back.

I'd send it back, note the light bleed and build quality, they should take it back within 30days.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
My power button doesn't stick way out but it isn't flush. The only thing I use it for its too take screenshots since I have a cover that turns the screen on and off and also use a launcher that lets me turn it off by triple tapping in the screen.
Which Launcher do you use that lets you turn it off by triple tapping the screen?

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Which Launcher do you use that lets you turn it off by triple tapping the screen?
I'm using Action Launcher 3. Has many other features including the ability to change the screen layout to put more icons on the screen. Nice folder controls and you can open the notification panel from any blank part of the screen.

1b1c20edb9d2bbd918ca007b8c21d96f.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
There are two others. Our English friend, VG, found one, it's in one of his tips threads...and then I found another which I use on my phone, and happen to like a bit better...It's called Screen Off.

cjp39

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site

Good to hear my white one arrives tomorrow from Amazon. Fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante